Offseason Media 2024

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Sad crowd turnout. Look at my username - I've been a founding member since the week they were founded in April 2014 when I was a 20yo engineering student at Tech. I am not renewing my season tickets for the 9th season of their existence. I guess we should have seen it coming but what a bait and switch with regards to the investment in the club - tons of money spent upfront from 2014-2019 - success, advertising - they had gripped the soul of the city and then they just let it wither away. They take their best talent and sell it to European clubs and perennially toe the playoff line season after season. One of my best friends who deposited for his season ticket at the same time has also canceled his tickets for next season. I ran into my neighbor a few doors down on Friday and he told me he had also canceled his season tickets. I will always have those memories from 2017 in Bobby Dodd, 2018's MLS Cup, 2019's run back towards the Cup that fell just short in the Eastern Conference Finals (a game in which we missed a PK that would have taken a commanding 2-0 lead in the 1st half and likely led to the 2nd straight MLS Cup in MBS) but it's sad - total fall from grace.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sad crowd turnout. Look at my username - I've been a founding member since the week they were founded in April 2014 when I was a 20yo engineering student at Tech. I am not renewing my season tickets for the 9th season of their existence. I guess we should have seen it coming but what a bait and switch with regards to the investment in the club - tons of money spent upfront from 2014-2019 - success, advertising - they had gripped the soul of the city and then they just let it wither away. They take their best talent and sell it to European clubs and perennially toe the playoff line season after season. One of my best friends who deposited for his season ticket at the same time has also canceled his tickets for next season. I ran into my neighbor a few doors down on Friday and he told me he had also canceled his season tickets. I will always have those memories from 2017 in Bobby Dodd, 2018's MLS Cup, 2019's run back towards the Cup that fell just short in the Eastern Conference Finals (a game in which we missed a PK that would have taken a commanding 2-0 lead in the 1st half and likely led to the 2nd straight MLS Cup in MBS) but it's sad - total fall from grace.

They lost me when they automatically enrolled me in tickets for ancillary tournaments I didn't want. When I called my season ticket manager to see what happened, he said "We sent you an email that explained we were going to do this, and the opt out was at the bottom of the email." I lost it. As you know being a season ticket holder, they send multiple emails a week. On top of that, when is it OK to charge someone's credit card on file for events that are outside of the main events? Unfortunately, I had to get my bank and credit card involved, and that's when Atlanta United/Mercedes Benz finally relented and refunded the amount they charged me. When they called me about renewing my Truist Club seats, I said "I hope being sneaky about non MLS game tickets was worth it, because I will no longer buy season tickets for Atlanta United."

When they made it NOT about soccer, that's when I had it with them. I can live with some of the losing...Atlanta United has been one of the successful clubs since they were founded, and I've been Founding Member since Day 1. AUFC wasn't going to keep up that pace forever. However, when Atlanta United put $$$ money above doing what's right for fans, that's when I said I was done with them.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Everyone fawns over Arthur Blank........

......I've never really understood the appeal. Talking about Falcons, as well.
Getting more off-topic here, but I give AB credit for starting the AU franchise and getting the Falcons away from the awful Smith family. He's also invested heavily in Atlanta in general (attractions, charities, etc). However, as owner, it would be fair to say he is ultimately accountable for the success of his teams.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

CEB

Helluva Engineer

One of the top posts on /r/cfb this morning
Georgia’s strength of schedule was an interesting argument since most projections have ours ranked just as high… but his heart is in the right place so I will not criticize!
:D

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Georgia’s strength of schedule was an interesting argument since most projections have ours ranked just as high… but his heart is in the right place so I will not criticize!
:D

Ours is ranked as high because we are not considered as good as georgia and we have to play georgia.

His argument is unlike in years past uga doesn't get a give me game prior to us also instead of it beign saturday afternoon in athens its friday right after thanksgiving. which is a change up. (We need to cost them a time out by coming out in flexbone tight right after half)

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Ours is ranked as high because we are not considered as good as georgia and we have to play georgia.

His argument is unlike in years past uga doesn't get a give me game prior to us also instead of it beign saturday afternoon in athens its friday right after thanksgiving. which is a change up. (We need to cost them a time out by coming out in flexbone tight right after half)
They do play UMass before us which is as gimme as an FBS team gets. However it is a short week and they also have to play at minimum 5 playoff hopefuls in Alabama, Texas, Clemson, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. Our schedule may have more depth but their top end may be harder. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a 9-2 UGA going into this game.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer

Georgia scheduled UMass the game before us. I'd call that a gimme. As usual, we (our schedulers, whoever they are) don't seem to place much value on having a cupcake before COFH.

On the other hand, Georgia plays on 6 days rest, we have 8.

Edit: Posted this before I saw @apatriot1776's post.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I'm thrilled Georgia finally has a tough schedule with the removal of divisions in the SEC. These guys have been cakewalking to the SEC Championship Game getting to beat up on Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, Mizzou, etc for the past decade. Time for them to prove themselves against Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, etc plus Texas and Oklahoma.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I'm thrilled Georgia finally has a tough schedule with the removal of divisions in the SEC. These guys have been cakewalking to the SEC Championship Game getting to beat up on Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Tennessee, South Carolina, Mizzou, etc for the past decade. Time for them to prove themselves against Bama, LSU, Ole Miss, Auburn, etc plus Texas and Oklahoma.

!!!