KevinParadaC Start
ColinHallCF Start
StephenReidDH Start / RF
TresGonzalezLF Start
MarquisGrissomP Start
ZacharyMaxwellP Start
JakeDeleoRF Start
ChandlerSimpsonSS Start
Eagerly awaiting the extrapolation Nuke lol…..

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Here are the starters in the two games.
First NameLast NamePosition Played Oct 2021 Games
AndrewJenkins1B Start
JohnAnderson2B Start
AndrewCompton3B Start
KevinParadaC Start
ColinHallCF Start
StephenReidDH Start / RF
TresGonzalezLF Start
MarquisGrissomP Start
ZacharyMaxwellP Start
JakeDeleoRF Start
ChandlerSimpsonSS Start
There's a lot of pop in the bats and speed on the paths in that lineup. I'll have to wait and see the defense, but I expect a lot from the pitching.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
OK, roster update with players in the 2 scrimmage games. I looked everywhere to the WG stats and didn't see any. They are sorted by position. I used the latest roster on RamblinWreck and added McCullom for a total of 44.

I don't see a link to the Google Sheet?

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
To go with your Overall Rank of the 2021 class.
Here is recent PG Pitcher position ranks (I think this was after the fall/post summer update):
  • Cody Carwile LHP 143
  • Cameron Hill LHP 58
  • Aeden Finaieri RHP 103
  • Cameron Clines RHP 128
  • Christian Okerholm RHP 69
  • Logan McGuire RHP 68
  • Carter Daniels RHP 50
I gave up my PG subscription, if someone has an active one and can correct/update, I'm all for it.

702🔜404

Georgia Tech Fan
All the same outside of 2 of them. Personally I am not a huge fan of PG rankings or any other for that matter. Unless you are very active in the tournament circuit it’s a judgment call. That’s why you see rankings change significantly as draft day closes in. At least that’s how it is on the west coast. Most top tier teams don’t play PG consistently here. With that, very solid 2021 class below so hopefully we see that bump that we need this year. I’m pumped to see them personally
  • Cody Carwile LHP 143
  • Cameron Hill LHP 58
  • Aeden Finaieri RHP 103 (102)
  • Cameron Clines RHP 128 (127)
  • Logan McGuire RHP 68
  • Carter Daniels RHP 50

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Yes, PG is definitely an "East Coast" heavy organization and favoritism is definitely given to the more active. Especially when the local high schools have tourneys during the High school season in the ATL and all those participants get "bumped" up accordingly.

But the benefit of having a large continuum of tourneys and teams flock to the ATL and FL regions to compete at the massive and high level does help. Much easier and more efficient to be seen by more eyes.

Coming from Texas and wanting to get out of Texas and go East, that is what drew Christian to East Cobb Astros.
Compete on the National (mostly Midwestern/Eastern) level and be seen by (mostly Eastern) schools at BIG events.

A lot more consistent than PBR as the state or region franchise, is that, a franchise.
Big difference and disparities in quality between the PBRs like Texas vs NY/PA, or others.

What is big out West? Wilson Premier?

Need to have something to get a competitive and national baseline as a recruiter or coach.
Too many good kids to see and be seen. Most efficient to do it more when they're coming together.

My opinion, your results and methods may vary.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All the same outside of 2 of them. Personally I am not a huge fan of PG rankings or any other for that matter. Unless you are very active in the tournament circuit it’s a judgment call. That’s why you see rankings change significantly as draft day closes in. At least that’s how it is on the west coast. Most top tier teams don’t play PG consistently here. With that, very solid 2021 class below so hopefully we see that bump that we need this year. I’m pumped to see them personally
  • Cody Carwile LHP 143
  • Cameron Hill LHP 58
  • Aeden Finaieri RHP 103 (102)
  • Cameron Clines RHP 128 (127)
  • Logan McGuire RHP 68
  • Carter Daniels RHP 50

Thanks, updated. Link is this but you have to replace "*" with "d" to make a docs.google.com document.
https://*ocs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W8dpRy_Xts--oW900mmgzF9-7x_FoT3hj1gWLhlA3q4/edit#gid=0

The bottom line is we have a lot of pitching talent in the 21 class!!

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks, updated. Link is this but you have to replace "*" with "d" to make a docs.google.com document.
https://*ocs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W8dpRy_Xts--oW900mmgzF9-7x_FoT3hj1gWLhlA3q4/edit#gid=0

The bottom line is we have a lot of pitching talent in the 21 class!!

Got a chance to see the 21 class in action this fall. No doubt a talented bunch. It’s a long season and a few of the pitchers will definitely get the opportunity to contribute. Watching them face our hitters this fall was a stark reminder there is a definitive jump into this level of baseball. The 21s‘ development will be extremely important to the success of the program going forward. With all that being said, the 19 and 20 classes are ridiculously talented. Sandwiched between the remaining 18s and 21s with great acquisitions from the transfer portal, should be a good year for the Jackets.

702🔜404

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes, PG is definitely an "East Coast" heavy organization and favoritism is definitely given to the more active. Especially when the local high schools have tourneys during the High school season in the ATL and all those participants get "bumped" up accordingly.

But the benefit of having a large continuum of tourneys and teams flock to the ATL and FL regions to compete at the massive and high level does help. Much easier and more efficient to be seen by more eyes.

Coming from Texas and wanting to get out of Texas and go East, that is what drew Christian to East Cobb Astros.
Compete on the National (mostly Midwestern/Eastern) level and be seen by (mostly Eastern) schools at BIG events.

A lot more consistent than PBR as the state or region franchise, is that, a franchise.
Big difference and disparities in quality between the PBRs like Texas vs NY/PA, or others.

What is big out West? Wilson Premier?

Need to have something to get a competitive and national baseline as a recruiter or coach.
Too many good kids to see and be seen. Most efficient to do it more when they're coming together.

My opinion, your results and methods may vary.
The Boras Classic is probably the biggest followed by Palm Desert Challenge and the All Catholic games which brings top private schools from around the country to Vegas. Ultimately high schools play as “clubs” in the off season and games are mostly played within Las Vegas, Arizona and California. So much talent that we can stay in our backyards and battle it out. But as far as college, East coast schools are heavily ahead of the west with support from the top down. The facility/coach differences speak for themselves in overall comparison

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Got a chance to see the 21 class in action this fall. No doubt a talented bunch. It’s a long season and a few of the pitchers will definitely get the opportunity to contribute. Watching them face our hitters this fall was a stark reminder there is a definitive jump into this level of baseball. The 21s‘ development will be extremely important to the success of the program going forward. With all that being said, the 19 and 20 classes are ridiculously talented. Sandwiched between the remaining 18s and 21s with great acquisitions from the transfer portal, should be a good year for the Jackets.
Should we slow our roll a little?... not really trying to project that on you; but asking/making a point.

It seems all top programs should see & feel elevated talent on their rosters. Given a host of "circumstances" ...the portal, covid eligibility extensions, limited draft rounds?

I love the optimism (and share it) ... but getting to where expectations currently sit, the talent needs to meet opportunity (consistent execution) & luck (limited injuries).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Agree the 19 and 20 teams are ridiculously talented. But not in pitching depth as we've seen. We have an excess of OF power and great IF depth. C is very limited depth but one of the best in the country. But as @FredJacket just said, so are many highly talented teams with the COVID pass year and transfer portal to fill in weak areas.

I also think that the Fr pitchers were at a disadvantage facing our hitters so much. The advantage goes to the hitter the more familiar he is with the pitcher. The two scrimmages didn't light up our pitchers like one WG score I saw of 18-16 or something ridiculous. But all Fr struggle no matter how talented. Like X who got the Friday night starts as a Fr.

The most important thing to me is to pitch as many guys as possible early in the season and not ride the chosen few into the ground. That type of development done by UVa and NC State last year led to some losses early but when they got their stuff together it was awesome. Hopefully we do the same and let the gamers rise up.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Appreciate the discourse and viewpoints. Long off season here friends. When the covid stoppage occurred, the MLB Draft was shortened and the rules regarding eligibility were expanded, the pundits all predicted an increase in the quality and skill level of College Baseball. So here we are one of many. Nonetheless, optimism still abounds. This is a talented and experienced group.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Will Coquillard appears on the 21-22 D1 Baseball Transfer Tracker.
@GTNavyNuke

Makes sense since he was off roster. I updated the spreadsheet yet again. This time I included two additional fields I have, Date of Birth and Eligibility for Draft.

There are about 25! players eligible for the draft this year, How many go depends on size of draft and others in draft. But that's why we have such a large 2022 Class coming in. Note that I have 44 on the list and we have to get down to 40. (McCullom is in the 44)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
If you're making the batting order and rotation (F, Sa, Su, Mid) What's it look like?
I think the batting order is pretty fixed after the two scrimmage games. It looks like it's going to be Gonzalez, Hall, Parada, Jenkins, Compton, Reid, Deleo, Anderson, and Simpson.

As for the rotation, my guess is Grissom, Maxwell, Roedig, and one of the freshmen will pitch midweek or maybe even Dawson Brown.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the batting order is pretty fixed after the two scrimmage games. It looks like it's going to be Gonzalez, Hall, Parada, Jenkins, Compton, Reid, Deleo, Anderson, and Simpson.

As for the rotation, my guess is Grissom, Maxwell, Roedig, and one of the freshmen will pitch midweek or maybe even Dawson Brown.
I agree that this will be lineup. However, Simpson batted lead off in the GW games and was an on base machine. I think CDH loves the lefty righty lineup up and down So my guess would be Simpson Parada Gonzalez Compton (switch) Hall Reid DeLeo Anderson. I think the pitching will be F-Maxwell, S-Grissom, Su- Roedig or Huff. If they decide they want to start a lefty on Sunday then it would most likely be Dalton Smith. I think Dawson Brown is going to primarily be a middle reliever as his arm angle and ball movement is the most unique change of delivery that is on the roster. Lastly, my guess for the midweek starter would be freshman Aeden Finateri who had a great fall. The team has great reliever and spot start options and good depth in the field. Again, please consider this off season banter.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I agree that this will be lineup. However, Simpson batted lead off in the GW games and was an on base machine. I think CDH loves the lefty righty lineup up and down So my guess would be Simpson Parada Gonzalez Compton (switch) Hall Reid DeLeo Anderson. I think the pitching will be F-Maxwell, S-Grissom, Su- Roedig or Huff. If they decide they want to start a lefty on Sunday then it would most likely be Dalton Smith. I think Dawson Brown is going to primarily be a middle reliever as his arm angle and ball movement is the most unique change of delivery that is on the roster. Lastly, my guess for the midweek starter would be freshman Aeden Finateri who had a great fall. The team has great reliever and spot start options and good depth in the field. Again, please consider this off season banter.
Offseason banter was the idea. He has some real speed and power combos to work with as well as R/L. I believe this will be one of the most interesting lineups we've seen in a while.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Makes sense since he was off roster. I updated the spreadsheet yet again. This time I included two additional fields I have, Date of Birth and Eligibility for Draft.

There are about 25! players eligible for the draft this year, How many go depends on size of draft and others in draft. But that's why we have such a large 2022 Class coming in. Note that I have 44 on the list and we have to get down to 40. (McCullom is in the 44)

Thanks Nuke! Lots of draft eligibles