Offseason - Baseball

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I love velo like everyone else. But I want guys that can pitch. Give me another Connor Thomas any day!

Dude, I agree 100%! But these aren't all Maxwells. Look at UAB results with velo and control! Many of these guys are 3+ with changeups too. Nasty.

Yeah, I saved some. Thanks for doing that!

Maxwell up to 99! (2.0 IP, 0 H, 2BB, 3SO)
Grissom sitting 92 up to 95. (2.0 IP, 0H, 1BB, 2 SO)
Roedig up to 97 (1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 SO)

Huff 95-96 (1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 2 SO)
Bartnicki 94-95 (1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 SO)
McNamee 93-94 (1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 1 SO)
Mannelly sitting 92 (1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 3 SO)

It was only UAB, and a limited sample. But damn that was good.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Is your son pitching this fall, or is he shut down til spring? Just wondering if I have missed him, I havent been around much lately. Hope all is well with him
He finally pitched yesterday.
They've been tweaking some of his mechanics and giving him time to adjust. He also got Covid 1st week which caused some delays.

He did 2/3 IP later in the game and they pulled him when Parada came up (but KP is 1 for 4 on him this year).
Not a bad first outing, started off with a K, HBP, K, Walk (Full count, Simpson who I think was 1.00 on base %age yesterday) and they pulled him as he was on limited count.

Crawford came in and White Team scored 5 that inning to take and keep the lead.
Very happy they moved the game up from today as it was GORGEOUS yesterday and cold/rainy today.
Very thankful I could move my flight and see him pitch for the first time in College, even if it was a scrimmage. Was able to make all the games this fall, but won't make Friday.

My wife got to meet DBo and we got a tour the pitching lab.
Soooo much technology. Super cool! Christian is leaning in on the opportunity and instructions. Really really likes DBo (as does everyone).
Wonderful experience and can't wait to see what DBo molds Christian and the others into. He's having fun and making a HUGE difference with the pitchers.
Just takes time. This season is going to be something else!!

Final Gold/White game Friday. 3:15pm

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
He finally pitched yesterday.
They've been tweaking some of his mechanics and giving him time to adjust. He also got Covid 1st week which caused some delays.

He did 2/3 IP later in the game and they pulled him when Parada came up (but KP is 1 for 4 on him this year).
Not a bad first outing, started off with a K, HBP, K, Walk (Full count, Simpson who I think was 1.00 on base %age yesterday) and they pulled him as he was on limited count.

Crawford came in and White Team scored 5 that inning to take and keep the lead.
Very happy they moved the game up from today as it was GORGEOUS yesterday and cold/rainy today.
Very thankful I could move my flight and see him pitch for the first time in College, even if it was a scrimmage. Was able to make all the games this fall, but won't make Friday.

My wife got to meet DBo and we got a tour the pitching lab.
Soooo much technology. Super cool! Christian is leaning in on the opportunity and instructions. Really really likes DBo (as does everyone).
Wonderful experience and can't wait to see what DBo molds Christian and the others into. He's having fun and making a HUGE difference with the pitchers.
Just takes time. This season is going to be something else!!

Final Gold/White game Friday. 3:15pm
That's awesome. Very happy for your son.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Matrix Moment! Dalton figured out how to navigate the matrix with this SICK catch!
It was AWESOME!

Who was the hitter (number ended in 2)? Pretty talented to hit the pitcher in the glove. Some hitters are content to hit to a sector of the field. We can do this.

Anyone going to game tonight (weather permitting)? Would be nice to get some info in chat .......

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
D1 Podcast (nothing on GT even though Fitts was there Wednesday for Gold/White)

5:00 Conference Realignments
15:00 Fittsy: Fall team reviews: Southern Miss;
20:00 Kendall (TX A&M), then Vandy
30:00 Rooney (ARK)
35:00 Kendall (Rice) Colter Bostick new Pitching Coach (Christian's previous Travel Team (Lonestar Baseball org in Central Texas) Pitching Coach)
GT
39:30 Fittsy; Freshman Mooney (Duke), Honeycutt (UNC)

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
it was Cole or Geisler... # ended in a 0
Jenkins (10 was on gold)
Cole is 20
Geilser is 40
Daniels 50, not on campus til spring

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
D1 Podcast (nothing on GT even though Fitts was there Wednesday for Gold/White)

5:00 Conference Realignments
15:00 Fittsy: Fall team reviews: Southern Miss;
20:00 Kendall (TX A&M), then Vandy
30:00 Rooney (ARK)
35:00 Kendall (Rice) Colter Bostick new Pitching Coach (Christian's previous Travel Team (Lonestar Baseball org in Central Texas) Pitching Coach)
GT
39:30 Fittsy; Freshman Mooney (Duke), Honeycutt (UNC)
Recorded prior to last Wednesday

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Since it's off season and football is effectively over, check out who has been drafted from GT over the years.

That 1994 team had more talent than any other by far. No wonder we made it to the CWS.

1636892387713.png

Attachments

• 1636892310301.png
    1636892310301.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 13

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here are the starters in the two games.
First NameLast NamePosition Played Oct 2021 Games
AndrewJenkins1B Start
JohnAnderson2B Start