Official Offseason Thread

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I feel sad for Willie Clay. He probably guided his son for years, then backed off just a little too early and let him choose UGA. Kids can make bad decisions anywhere, but Athens just seems a hot mess for so many talented athletes.

kids in athens don't get away with stuff kids at GT do every day. Its called athens PD vs ATL PD. One has bigger fishes to fry and overlooks everything GT SA's do practically. I could tell you stories that would blow away the dumb things UGA's SA's get arrested for. Sure I am not talking about the stuff like rape, stolen weapons etc. But stuff like driving without license. Drinking underage, pott, etc etc.....GT SA's do that as much as anyone and get away with it....trust me. Its a hot mess for so many athletes because they literally are probably the most strict PD out there...not kidding...

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
kids in athens don't get away with stuff kids at GT do every day. Its called athens PD vs ATL PD. One has bigger fishes to fry and overlooks everything GT SA's do practically. I could tell you stories that would blow away the dumb things UGA's SA's get arrested for. Sure I am not talking about the stuff like rape, stolen weapons etc. But stuff like driving without license. Drinking underage, pott, etc etc.....GT SA's do that as much as anyone and get away with it....trust me. Its a hot mess for so many athletes because they literally are probably the most strict PD out there...not kidding...
So their class of SA is on par with ours? The average character of their team is equal to the average character of ours? The spare time they enjoy and have to get into trouble is the same at GT? I wonder if you compared issues with law enforcement prior to coming to college if you'd find equality there too?

Sheesh.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I can't say I agree with any of that. I spent a lot of time in Athens while I was at Tech (girlfriend), and heard many people spin a sad story about how awful the cops are. "They are out to get us, they single out college students and athletes". I never really saw this in action. If you do stupid and illegal stuff, you have to be ready for the consequences. Stop blaming the police for doing their jobs.