Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

Well, they said that GT will have control of the tickets in all of the games except the Clemson game, and will have more control of the Clemson tickets than was had for Tenn. For ND 2020, I am assuming that ND will not have access to lower level tickets between the 20s, so the good seats available to GT season ticket holders should be double what it was for Tenn. They also said that GT would have access to the suites (except for Clemson I assume). That means that people who sit in 106 or CL1 at BDS should have access to seats close to the middle. People who have suites should be in suites instead of on the 50 yard line.

If it is treated as a home game, then the visiting fans should get customary "visiting" fan locations.
That's what they SAY. We shall see.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Well, they said that GT will have control of the tickets in all of the games except the Clemson game, and will have more control of the Clemson tickets than was had for Tenn. For ND 2020, I am assuming that ND will not have access to lower level tickets between the 20s, so the good seats available to GT season ticket holders should be double what it was for Tenn. They also said that GT would have access to the suites (except for Clemson I assume). That means that people who sit in 106 or CL1 at BDS should have access to seats close to the middle. People who have suites should be in suites instead of on the 50 yard line.

If it is treated as a home game, then the visiting fans should get customary "visiting" fan locations.

Fans should be in the 300s. 100s and 200s should be GT only.

I made a thread on this... contacted my rep today and it doesn't sound good.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I have a Twitter account, although I seldom use it. I logged in, but I don't see a "comments" option. I see what appears to be Ken's responses to tweets, but not the actual tweets. What am I doing wrong?
To see the comments to that specific tweet, just click on the tweet itself. Then all the replies to that tweet will be underneath it. You just have to be careful about where you click because Ken's name it will take you to his profile, hashtags will take you to a feed of tweets using that hashtag, links will take you to webpages, etc.

To see the comments to that specific tweet, just click on the tweet itself. Then all the replies to that tweet will be underneath it. You just have to be careful about where you click because Ken's name it will take you to his profile, hashtags will take you to a feed of tweets using that hashtag, links will take you to webpages, etc.
Got it. Thanks

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why would we build it that large? We can't fill the 55,000 seats that we have right now. We've had maybe a dozen sellout games since the stadium was expanded. (!2 through the FSU game in 2015. Can't remember if we had any sellout games since, and whenever we do sell out a game, a LARGE portion of the crowd is from the visiting fan base.

That is the point of all this. Why must the way things are now be the same 5 - 10 years from now?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
To rebuild BDS would take a while. I don't trust the half of Texas A&M stadium that was torn down and rebuilt in 7 months. So............I wonder where we will play when major renovation to the stadium happens:pompous::pompous::pompous::pompous:.

This is not just a 5 year plan people. I'm starting to believe that AI202 and the games at MBS are part of a 20+ year plan for us. So, buckle up and enjoy the ride:cigar::cigar::cigar::cigar:

If all these big plans come to fruition that TStan and Geoff Collins have planned i think there is a very good possibility that Georgia Tech would be able to fill a new Bobby Dodd Stadium-Grant Field in the future with 60,000-70,000 fans.
I think the best approach, if we were actually to rebuild Grant Field, would be to build a state-of-the-art stadium with a capacity of 50K or maybe 60K but designed for "easy" expansion, as the need hopefully arises.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Im not sure why this concept is so hard to grasp.

I don't think anybody fails to grasp being the "home team" in terms of proximity to campus etc or that any failure to show-up is a fanbase problem. I think that some are questioning the wisdom of assuming that our known fanbase problem which we have will just go away. While a lot of Bradley's snarky comments are his typical idiocy, his basic thesis in this regard is reasonable.

Like I've said before, I really hope that it all works out great.

Guys why can’t you just appreciate the stadium we have?
Suppose that had been said when they rebuilt the west stands or when they added the upper deck to both the east and west stands? Although maybe someone should have at least objected to the design of the upper east deck, with its original support pillars that blocked views of the field in the lower deck. At any rate, wanting to improve the stadium doesn't mean we don't appreciate it; we just want to make it even better than it is. And the ideal place to start, if not rebuilding the entire stadium, would be with the east side, lower and upper.