Official MBS Announcement: 5 Games over 5 Years

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
It might play out that way. Time will tell. But what about people who have leased their seats at MBS? They will have first digs to their seats for these games if I’m not mistaken.

So I’m not sure where Tech plans to put their fans who are accustomed to sitting on the 50 yard line. If these fans get moved into seats that are not on par with their seats at BDS...their could be a huge backlash.

For myself. I just want to see Tech play where we are supposed to. That has always been and imo is where we should always play all home games.
I have a PSL at the stadium and that’s not how it works. We only own those specific seats for Falcons games. Any other event, we just get first crack at seats before the general public. I’m sure that the AMB foundation will try to work a deal with GT so that some seats are available in every area for PSL owners, but they made it clear that we aren’t guaranteed our specific seats. I’ve been to like three concerts through the PSL program and didn’t sit in my seat for any of them.

Animal02

Banned
I can imagine a lot of Tech alumni (and even the opponent) would jump at the chance to fly to Atlanta and see a great match up in a great venue like MBS. Fly to Atlanta, an easy Uber or Marta to downtown hotels, a great meal ... a great game ... fly out. I think it's a home run.
I feel the opposite......it would be my last choice in attending a game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I have a PSL at the stadium and that’s not how it works. We only own those specific seats for Falcons games. Any other event, we just get first crack at seats before the general public. I’m sure that the AMB foundation will try to work a deal with GT so that some seats are available in every area for PSL owners, but they made it clear that we aren’t guaranteed our specific seats. I’ve been to like three concerts through the PSL program and didn’t sit in my seat for any of them.

Thanks for that info. PSLs get first crack before the general public so it will be interesting to see where our fans get placed prior to the PSL allotments.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It might play out that way. Time will tell. But what about people who have leased their seats at MBS? They will have first digs to their seats for these games if I’m not mistaken.

So I’m not sure where Tech plans to put their fans who are accustomed to sitting on the 50 yard line. If these fans get moved into seats that are not on par with their seats at BDS...their could be a huge backlash.

Well, if they ended up on the 40 instead of the 50 it wouldn't be such a big deal. If they get put in the corner of the end zone, we might see pitchforks and torches, but I doubt that will happen.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I see lots of good ways for promoting this thing. For example
a trifecta package with Atlanta United: MBS game, OOC game at BDS, Atlanta United game. Would be win/win for us and AMB.
Being a Tech grad, maybe we can persuade Mr. Blank into excluding any other college team from using MBS as a HOME field since we trying to brand with MBS. That would REALLY frost those a** holes in Athens!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Well, if they ended up on the 40 instead of the 50 it wouldn't be such a big deal. If they get put in the corner of the end zone, we might see pitchforks and torches, but I doubt that will happen.
I know this is a different case but at the Tennessee game I got better seats than some that have better seats at BDS . I'm in section 102 . not sure why and would hope those who pay more get treated better this time.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this is a different case but at the Tennessee game I got better seats than some that have better seats at BDS . I'm in section 102 . not sure why and would hope those who pay more get treated better this time.

Lucky you, I have seats in the lower east and ended up in the upper deck corner for the MBS game.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

As I recall, the general seating areas at the CFA game were determined by the seat location at BDS. The actual seats in that general area was determined by AT Fund priority points. So if your seats at BDS are a little further out than someone else, but you have more priority points, you would have gotten better seats at the CFA game.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for that info. PSLs get first crack before the general public so it will be interesting to see where our fans get placed prior to the PSL allotments.

IIUC: There's only about 1,200 PSL holders at a price level (Club) that guarantees tickets to other events at MBS. And those are not guaranteed to be in the same seat or a given price. Others are offered tickets to events, but it's similar to like an Amex holder or fan club presale.

Don't know if it's true but I heard PSL holders were offered the "opportunity" to buy Superbowl tickets at an inflated/discouraging price level. I've also seen PSL holders say that while they have the opportunity to buy concert tickets, etc. They have earlier/better access through their credit cards. I also know I tried to get UT/CFA kickoff tickets through a relative with a PSL. We got offered seats in the expandable bleachers in the rafters.

Per the AJC - "For the four games besides the Clemson game, Tech will rent MBS and collect gate receipts."
Per Tech- "The 2020 (vs. Notre Dame), 2021 (TBA), 2023 (TBA) and 2024 (Notre Dame) games will be Georgia Tech home games, meaning that Tech will have nearly the entire stadium’s inventory to make available to its fans.

Outside the Clemson game, it sounds like Tech will control all but a handful of tickets and plans to make them available first and foremost to the STH's. Since they've been using this as a pitch for why to buy STs. They'd burn a ton of bridges (and shoot themselves badly in the foot for the next 4 years) if 2020 rolls around and GT STHs get shafted on tickets. I think TStan is smarter than that.

Per Tech - "For the 2022 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game (vs. Clemson), Georgia Tech will have access to a wider variety of seating options than it did for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Game against Tennessee, while Clemson will receive a visitor’s ticket allotment (for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, Georgia Tech and Tennessee received equal ticket allotments, which made the seating options that GT could offer its fans more limited)."

The Clemson game, it sounds like being willing to bring them Clemson on a platter got us a sweeter than normal deal from the CFA Peach Bowl folks. Clemson is getting paid a guaranteed $5 million (plus a revenue share) to play in the kickoff game in 2024. As of now, I don't see any official announcement from Clemson about the 2022 game... Is it possible we're delivering the defending National Champion to the Kickoff game against their will? I guess maybe Clemson has to play us wherever we choose on our home year? No way they'd have agreed to the game for a lower ticket allotment/revenue than us if they had a choice... right?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
As I recall, the general seating areas at the CFA game were determined by the seat location at BDS. The actual seats in that general area was determined by AT Fund priority points. So if your seats at BDS are a little further out than someone else, but you have more priority points, you would have gotten better seats at the CFA game.

Hard to see that. At BDS, I'm in Section 107 and on the 45 yd line. At CFA, I was in the end zone. I was at least hoping for a sideline view.

This is where TStan could make it work. Simply mirror the seats from BDS over to MBS. Sell the rest. But I predict he won't. He'll charge top dollar and probably send the STH's to seat location HELL.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Is there a way you can copy and paste for us old guys that don't do facebook

Just click on the link. It will take you to Twitter and click on the comments. Ken's Twitter is public so reading the twitter replies should be available to everyone.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
IIUC: There's only about 1,200 PSL holders at a price level (Club) that guarantees tickets to other events at MBS. And those are not guaranteed to be in the same seat or a given price. Others are offered tickets to events, but it's similar to like an Amex holder or fan club presale.

Don't know if it's true but I heard PSL holders were offered the "opportunity" to buy Superbowl tickets at an inflated/discouraging price level. I've also seen PSL holders say that while they have the opportunity to buy concert tickets, etc. They have earlier/better access through their credit cards. I also know I tried to get UT/CFA kickoff tickets through a relative with a PSL. We got offered seats in the expandable bleachers in the rafters.

Per the AJC - "For the four games besides the Clemson game, Tech will rent MBS and collect gate receipts."
Per Tech- "The 2020 (vs. Notre Dame), 2021 (TBA), 2023 (TBA) and 2024 (Notre Dame) games will be Georgia Tech home games, meaning that Tech will have nearly the entire stadium’s inventory to make available to its fans.

Outside the Clemson game, it sounds like Tech will control all but a handful of tickets and plans to make them available first and foremost to the STH's. Since they've been using this as a pitch for why to buy STs. They'd burn a ton of bridges (and shoot themselves badly in the foot for the next 4 years) if 2020 rolls around and GT STHs get shafted on tickets. I think TStan is smarter than that.

Per Tech - "For the 2022 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game (vs. Clemson), Georgia Tech will have access to a wider variety of seating options than it did for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Game against Tennessee, while Clemson will receive a visitor’s ticket allotment (for the 2017 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game, Georgia Tech and Tennessee received equal ticket allotments, which made the seating options that GT could offer its fans more limited)."

The Clemson game, it sounds like being willing to bring them Clemson on a platter got us a sweeter than normal deal from the CFA Peach Bowl folks. Clemson is getting paid a guaranteed $5 million (plus a revenue share) to play in the kickoff game in 2024. As of now, I don't see any official announcement from Clemson about the 2022 game... Is it possible we're delivering the defending National Champion to the Kickoff game against their will? I guess maybe Clemson has to play us wherever we choose on our home year? No way they'd have agreed to the game for a lower ticket allotment/revenue than us if they had a choice... right?

Great info TY.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Ok maybe having season tickets for 37 years paid off and what I send them each year. They call and try to get me to move to a better location but I like the people we are around.