Official: Brent Key is Georgia Tech Football's Head Coach

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
What I get a kick out of are our fans that hear from their UGAG friends that “we made the right choice” and “we like Key”, etc. They really believe that ugag fans want something good for us!! Like our phrase is THWG. They want us to always be nothing, trust me. They may pretend they want a competitive rival, but they don’t. They already have several with their SEC brothers.

A lot of these same fans could not handle the ribbing from these same people about our “high school offense”. It’s like they live their lives caring what gaggers think or say.

It is what it is, now. I’m hoping against hope that BK can miraculously take us to great heights.

This is just how normal people talk/react. I’m a fan of college football. I say this kind of stuff to opposing fans all of the time. If I think a certain hire or player will be good/bad for them, I tell them how I feel. Look, I hate UGA as much as the next guy, but the reality is, their fans are just people. There is no great conspiracy where my neighbors are going to tell me they think the GT hire is good because their allegiance to UGA is giving them signals that it’s actually bad for GT. In fact, I’d argue it’s the opposite. They would be trolling us hard if we hire Fritz, just as I would troll them hard if they hired someone perceived as a let down.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
Ugh, well... I was a Brent Key guy until I read that. If Bark Madley likes it, I'm out. Where do we start the 'Fire Brent Key' thread?? (tic)
I know people like to dislike writers and pundits, but what specifically don’t you like about Mark Bradley. He seems to be a decent writer. I have read him for years and I like him. Bark Madley seems to be a nickname for a UGA homer. Is he overly negative towards Tech and overly positive towards UGA. I have not seen it. He seems to call it like he sees it.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I know people like to dislike writers and pundits, but what specifically don’t you like about Mark Bradley. He seems to be a decent writer. I have read him for years and I like him. Bark Madley seems to be a nickname for a UGA homer. Is he overly negative towards Tech and overly positive towards UGA. I have not seen it. He seems to call it like he sees it.
Not only is he not insightful, but his shtick is tiresome. His MO for GT coaches is to write puff pieces on every coaching hire at the beginning and then continuously write negatively slanted columns thereafter. If they succeed, then he was right in the beginning. If they fail, he was right to criticize them all along the way afterwards.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
Not only is he not insightful, but his shtick is tiresome. His MO for GT coaches is to write puff pieces on every coaching hire at the beginning and then continuously write negatively slanted columns thereafter. If they succeed, then he was right in the beginning. If they fail, he was right to criticize them all along the way afterwards.
That’s interesting. I don’t have his articles committed to memory, but you are correct that he was positive about CPJ, G****** C****** and now key. He seemed to be positive when tech was doing well and negative when they weren’t. Everyone was fired up about Waffle House (I was not, but hoped for the best). When we sucked, we all piled and Bradley likely did the same. Not sure what people expect from a sports writer. In regards to you last 2 sentences, what should he do? Praise a team when they are bad? Criticize when they are doing well? Not sure I am following. When things are bad, of course his pieces will be critical.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is typical for you.

Bradley is a relatively old guy and has a bit of curmudgeon in his attitude. He writes positive things about GT when it's warranted. He is not a good writer (he was at one time), but you are attributing motives to him that have no basis.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
This is typical for you.

Bradley is a relatively old guy and has a bit of curmudgeon in his attitude. He writes positive things about GT when it's warranted. He is not a good writer (he was at one time), but you are attributing motives to him that have no basis.
Huh? Typical for me? Please explain

Also, he has been doing his shtik on Tech coaches in football and basketball for the past few decades. There is plenty of evidence of what I suggested.

Regardless, if he is positive in good times, how exactly is that insightful?

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a MB fan, and I understand what you're saying.

But if we're really honest, the pattern of those columns track our fanbase's own sentiments about our FB & BB hires pretty accurately over the last 10-15 years or so.

Don't they? 🤨

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Huh? Typical for me? Please explain

Also, he has been doing his shtik on Tech coaches in football and basketball for the past few decades. There is plenty of evidence of what I suggested.

Regardless, if he is positive in good times, how exactly is that insightful?
I will reply to you via PM. My opinion of your posts is off topic.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Still coming back for more though I see. I think you’re the type of “Tech man” @lv20gt is talking about
Guys, he said he’s been a fan since the mid 1940s… let’s give him a break please.

Edit: I’m not trying to be rude but I’m not sure he knows how message boards work (and I wouldn’t expect him to). But I’m not going to rake an elderly man over the coals for terrible takes. Just ignore it, literally.

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
Section 103 will have them. They're sold out right now, but they tweeted last night that they would have more soon.

Available for preorder now. I had to have one....

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

That was entirely tongue in cheek. (Hence the (tic)) Bradley himself has called out the nickname before. His writing has always seemed to reflect the attitudes of the AJC readership - which is tilted towards UGA. He's a good writer and I enjoy his articles... most of the time.

Shultz was much better when he was with the AJC, IMHO.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer

Paul Johnson called him out after beating UGA in 2016 saying “not bad for a bunch of 2 and 3 stars, huh Mark?” and Bradley was nothing but a great sport about it, even discussing the diss in his write up of the game. He’s leans towards UGA. Everyone in this state does. It is what it is, but he’s not awful.

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
That was entirely tongue in cheek. (Hence the (tic)) Bradley himself has called out the nickname before. His writing has always seemed to reflect the attitudes of the AJC readership - which is tilted towards UGA. He's a good writer and I enjoy his articles... most of the time.

Shultz was much better when he was with the AJC, IMHO.
Haha got it. Cool. My thoughts exactly.