October 7 (the bye week)

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Breathe, people. We are not going to the Orange Bowl. We are not beating Clemson in the ACCCG. We are not winning 8 games, much less ten. We will be very fortunate to get a bowl invitation. The prospect of coming down to the Georgia game and having to beat them to avoid 5-6 is a likely scenario.
Really, you need a new sport or team to follow. Your attitude sucks.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Bewildering to me to have such a negative expectation. Based on recruiting rankings alone we should probably expect only 4 or 5 wins a year but for 9 of the last 10 years (yes I could reach much further back)we made it to a bowl game. We consistently exceed predictions based on supposed talent. Effectively evaluating Tech's players cannot be done on "star" ratings alone. They are exceptionally high caliber, disciplined young men who consistently outperform external rankings and I am betting this year will continue that tradition.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Bewildering to me to have such a negative expectation. Based on recruiting rankings alone we should probably expect only 4 or 5 wins a year but for 9 of the last 10 years (yes I could reach much further back)we made it to a bowl game. We consistently exceed predictions based on supposed talent. Effectively evaluating Tech's players cannot be done on "star" ratings alone. They are exceptionally high caliber, disciplined young men who consistently outperform external rankings and I am betting this year will continue that tradition.
I can't figure these people out that pretty much have an expectation of a losing season every year.:mad::banghead: I think this is the only message board I see that on I never see it on other teams message boards.:vomit:

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Interesting AJC article about possible opponents for the bye week --- http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/f...uld-play-its-bye-week/SruNPZ9CM3qxnLvByClv0H/

All of those have bye weeks 10/7. However only one of those has an open game. Wyoming, UCLA, and Oklahoma State all already have 12 games on the schedule. That means that of the four listed, only USF is even a possible opponent. The article did include a note that the other teams would have to drop a game in order to play GT, but they only have conference games left. It is not even possible that a conference would let a team drop a conference game to set up a last minute game against a non-conference opponent. I don't understand why this article was written at all.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If we can find a suitable opponent then why not play. The's kids love to play and compete. They work hard all year to be able to play the games. That's why they lift,practice and run. The game is the motivation.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If we can find a suitable opponent then why not play. The's kids love to play and compete. They work hard all year to be able to play the games. That's why they lift,practice and run. The game is the motivation.
I would have rather GT offered Jackson State a bundle of cash to get beat 55-10 in Bobby Dodd Stadium getting GT's 9th possible win.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Only one of those seems even remotely possible, and that would be USF. Not sure I really want to play USF...they kinda scare me.

I think playing USF would be interesting and could help with additional recruiting in that area (Tampa/Hillsborough County). We would probably both get great press coverage, if scheduled.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
bring on those high scoring cowboys from oklahoma. that would put our schedule top 5.

im a competitor first and foremost. i dont want to play a gimme game.... and i dont think the players do either.

Last edited: