October 7 (the bye week)

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Personally I would want to have the game played however if we are a good team there are plenty enough games to show it. Theoretically we should have about 1/12 less "in game" injuries/dings by not playing. The impact from that will never be known but it is one positive of not playing.

Jmonty71

Banned
If we beat UM, Ugag, Pitt, UNC, Dook and Wake... We'll get selected for a nice bowl, regardless of the missing game. I guess I could include UVA.. But, they really aren't worth mentioning. I honestly do not think we can beat Clemson... Just being truthful. I'll support the Jackets, nonetheless. But, geez... I think they will go undefeated again. But, if our only 2 losses are to Clemson and an OT loss to UT, I think we'll be in the Peach.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
IF a game is possible, I'd like to let the SRs decide if they want to play another game. I'd have to guess if something doesn't happen in the next week or so, it probably won't happen at all since October 7 isn't too far away.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If we beat UM, Ugag, Pitt, UNC, Dook and Wake... We'll get selected for a nice bowl, regardless of the missing game. I guess I could include UVA.. But, they really aren't worth mentioning. I honestly do not think we can beat Clemson... Just being truthful. I'll support the Jackets, nonetheless. But, geez... I think they will go undefeated again. But, if our only 2 losses are to Clemson and an OT loss to UT, I think we'll be in the Peach.
8-3 means GT could be playing in the Belk,Music City or Camping World Bowls and probably be ranked probably around #15.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

Clemson didn't go undefeated last year. They lost to Pitt...a team we should have beat.

I'm not sure we'll beat them either, but they're not immortal or anything.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

In that scenario, we'd be getting a second shot at Clemson in the ACC Championship game. Even with a loss there we'd be in line for a very good bowl. I don't know exact pecking order and whether Orange is in the playoffs this year, but Peach would likely be in play. We would likely be the ACC's #2 choice over FSU and Louisville if that plays out.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
In that scenario, we'd be getting a second shot at Clemson in the ACC Championship game. Even with a loss there we'd be in line for a very good bowl. I don't know exact pecking order and whether Orange is in the playoffs this year, but Peach would likely be in play. We would likely be the ACC's #2 choice over FSU and Louisville if that plays out.

Orange is not a playoff game this year...Rose and Sugar are the playoff, NCG in Atlanta.

Orange is the ACC champion unless the champ makes the playoff...then it's the next highest ranked team in the CFP final rankings. If we go 6-2 in conference like the OP suggest and then lost to Clemson again in the ACCCG we'd be 7-5 or 8-4 depending on the Georgia game outcome. I don't see any way that would put us as the second highest ranked ACC team. I don't think we'd end up in the Peach, Fiesta, or Cotton either...those bowls will take 10-win teams, so Citrus or Camping World is is probably the best we could do. Honestly we'd probably drop to the tier 1 games though...Belk/Sun/Pinstripe/Music City or Tax Slayer...

Only way we make the Orange Bowl is to 1) Win the ACCCG with several losses, 2) Win out, but lose the ACCCG to Clemson and be sitting at 10-2.

If we win out and win the ACCCG we will be in the CFP...hopefully the Rose Bowl, but I'm guessing we'd probably be the #4 playing Alabama in the Sugar Bowl (that'd be fun)

upload_2017-9-20_16-3-47.png

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Orange is not a playoff game this year...Rose and Sugar are the playoff, NCG in Atlanta.

Orange is the ACC champion unless the champ makes the playoff...then it's the next highest ranked team in the CFP final rankings. If we go 6-2 in conference like the OP suggest and then lost to Clemson again in the ACCCG we'd be 7-5 or 8-4 depending on the Georgia game outcome. I don't see any way that would put us as the second highest ranked ACC team. I don't think we'd end up in the Peach, Fiesta, or Cotton either...those bowls will take 10-win teams, so Citrus or Camping World is is probably the best we could do. Honestly we'd probably drop to the tier 1 games though...Belk/Sun/Pinstripe/Music City or Tax Slayer...

Only way we make the Orange Bowl is to 1) Win the ACCCG with several losses, 2) Win out, but lose the ACCCG to Clemson and be sitting at 10-2.

If we win out and win the ACCCG we will be in the CFP...hopefully the Rose Bowl, but I'm guessing we'd probably be the #4 playing Alabama in the Sugar Bowl (that'd be fun)

View attachment 2898
8-3 with a Camping World or Citrus Bowl invitation would be awesome!(y) You can't beat Florida during the Holidays:cool:

View attachment 2898
Breathe, people. We are not going to the Orange Bowl. We are not beating Clemson in the ACCCG. We are not winning 8 games, much less ten. We will be very fortunate to get a bowl invitation. The prospect of coming down to the Georgia game and having to beat them to avoid 5-6 is a likely scenario.

What about Virginia Tech? Beat them too? If we're beating Miami, Georgia, Pittsburgh, UNC, Duke, VPI, and UVA, why not just go ahead and beat the hell out of Clemson, knock them out of the Atlantic Division title and then annihilate FSU in the ACCCG, and then waltz into the play-off at 11-1, one stinking point off of a perfect season. :)

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think this years team is better than last years, but may be hindered by special teams.

8 and 4 including the bowl is my expectation with a variation of 10 and 2 to 7 and 5 including the bowl.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If midterms are the week before Miami....no way in the world I'd want to schedule a game the week b4!

Use the extra time to let players study for mids properly and still fit in a weeks worth of solid practice and game prep. Good grades + adequate practice time. Win win.

Some of our biggest duds of a game have come on the week of midterms....it's a no brainer.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Breathe, people. We are not going to the Orange Bowl. We are not beating Clemson in the ACCCG. We are not winning 8 games, much less ten. We will be very fortunate to get a bowl invitation. The prospect of coming down to the Georgia game and having to beat them to avoid 5-6 is a likely scenario.

This attitude right here is what happens when you only see the flaws in your own team and the positives in our opponents. 3/6 division rivals (UNC, Pitt, UVA) have all looked worse than us, VT barely beat WV and then struggled with ECU, Miami literally has only a win over Bethune Cookman, Duke and Wake look pretty good but nowhere near world beaters, and UGA has looked okay but probably gets whooped this week. Nobody on our schedule besides Clemson looks particularly scary. What makes you think there's 5 or more losses in there?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
This attitude right here is what happens when you only see the flaws in your own team and the positives in our opponents. 3/6 division rivals (UNC, Pitt, UVA) have all looked worse than us, VT barely beat WV and then struggled with ECU, Miami literally has only a win over Bethune Cookman, Duke and Wake look pretty good but nowhere near world beaters, and UGA has looked okay but probably gets whooped this week. Nobody on our schedule besides Clemson looks particularly scary. What makes you think there's 5 or more losses in there?
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

stech81

Helluva Engineer
You should go down on the field Saturday and tell the players how you feel. Sorry I believe in our coach and players better than you.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck

I would bet you said the same thing when GSU had the lead and the ball in the 4th qtr in 2014. Let's agree that right now neither of us have any idea. I'll keep my fantasies just like I did then and you do the same. (y)

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
If our only 2 losses are to CU and UT, then we will be in the Orange Bowl.

TOTALLY disagree with the exception of beating Clemson in the ACCCG