OC Hire

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
FWIW KQ says his sources have GT with one position coach spot open - meaning the OC job is filled by someone other than Tee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Just a guess CGC has named 2 coaches to the offensive. So I would have to think he knows who it is and the new OC approved of the hires and they have talked. If that is not the case he don't care what the new OC thinks, and the new OC will,be on a short leash.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I keep coming to this thread hoping to see who our new OC is. Once he is named, can someone start a new thread titled “Our new OC is...” or “New OC is named” so I can know it’s time to get excited. :happy:

Wait! We haven't exhausted all the rumors, yet. :unsure:

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
FWIW KQ says his sources have GT with one position coach spot open - meaning the OC job is filled by someone other than Tee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tee would be a good QB coach, so maybe that's why he'd turn down our offer ;). Definitely not OC material. People can spout out his "total" stats at USC with top 5 recruiting classes all they want. He was getting 20-25 in FEI with top 5 recruiting classes. We can do better.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Tee would be a good QB coach, so maybe that's why he'd turn down our offer ;). Definitely not OC material. People can spout out his "total" stats at USC with top 5 recruiting classes all they want. He was getting 20-25 in FEI with top 5 recruiting classes. We can do better.

Mayne he’d turn down Tech because he knows recruiting for Mismi is much easier.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
just thinking outloud a bit here.

if we were going to get brent key as a ol coach co cordinator etc...

i cant think of a better TIME or PLACE then to bring it up during the nc game. and for coach collins/gt to get a little air time to boot.

that would be my dream scenario. especially since their is a GREAT chance that super gt fan kirk herbstreit will prob be one of the announcers.

talk about exposing the gt brand .... wow.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
Third time hearing Dave Patenaude as OC/QB/passing game coordinator and Brent Key as associate HC/OL/run game coordinator.
This is what I’m hearing. I’ve heard nothing about tee Martin. I don’t think tee would have a job offer from GT if GT is all but hiring Patenaude and Key

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan
Louisville has already named it's new OC. I do believe we may have offered him the job and that's what Patenaude and Keys positions are hinging on, as well as why there has been no announcement.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

Other than recruiting ability is there anything else about Tee Martin that excites people? He was named OC at usc and inherited a first round nfl qb and incredible talent on line and receiver. After losing Darnold to the draft usc looked awful in a mediocre conference. Martin may be a great recruiter but he had a helluva lot more talent at usc then he would ever have at Tech and couldn’t achieve any positive results in a division similar to the coastal.

Tee or Key would both worry me as neither have proven they are good enough to call plays at a p5 level. Would love to see someone like Matt Canada come in who has proven he can win with a range of talent in multiple looks. The others we keep discussing appear to be a crap shoot as far as ability to coach up a team and get results.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Other than recruiting ability is there anything else about Tee Martin that excites people? He was named OC at usc and inherited a first round nfl qb and incredible talent on line and receiver. After losing Darnold to the draft usc looked awful in a mediocre conference. Martin may be a great recruiter but he had a helluva lot more talent at usc then he would ever have at Tech and couldn’t achieve any positive results in a division similar to the coastal.

Tee or Key would both worry me as neither have proven they are good enough to call plays at a p5 level. Would love to see someone like Matt Canada come in who has proven he can win with a range of talent in multiple looks. The others we keep discussing appear to be a crap shoot as far as ability to coach up a team and get results.

Average of about 450 yards per game in three years at USC. I've seen this before about Tee Martin. Give credit to his talent when he does well, but give him the blame when the talent leaves. What coach doesn't do better with better talent?

Ramblin_Rick

Georgia Tech Fan
Why are we not all over the Toledo offensive coordinator Brian Wright, whose team was 11th in the country in scoring at 40.4 per game?

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan
Average of about 450 yards per game in three years at USC.

Again, without Darnold they dropped to 382 yards per game and 82nd in total offense. USC always has offensive talent. Doesn’t this worry you?

Edit - they were 90th in scoring offense, 48th passing offense. Maybe I’m being too hard on them but this doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in me.