OC Hire

slugboy

Staff member
OK, it's past 5 PM on a Friday (Beer O'Clock, for those that name it that way).

The (male) hoopsters are playing Kennesaw State, and you can catch some of the second half on the ACC Digital Network. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401082905 . Otherwise, hang back and treat it as a pleasant surprise when the announcements come. 'Cause, at this point, it'd be a strange time to announce over the weekend.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
If he was "fired", then I doubt he is a guy that can "set the house on fire" with his offensive system, so if he turns us down, maybe a blessing in disguise. This is the MOST important hire - if he is it, it better be right. If he is not it, it still better be right.

Well, that ain't necessarily so. He OC'd USC to an average of about 450 yards a game over a three-year period. Good coaches get fired all the time. Oodles of examples of that.

I hope we get him, and I'm glad to hear that we offered.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If he was "fired", then I doubt he is a guy that can "set the house on fire" with his offensive system, so if he turns us down, maybe a blessing in disguise. This is the MOST important hire - if he is it, it better be right. If he is not it, it still better be right.

gobblygook

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Given that there has been no OC announcement one has to wonder if he is still coaching his bowl games(s).
Could mean Key.
Or still coaching in the NFL, and is about to get fired/resign after the final week.
Godsey
Or
https://www.buccaneers.com/team/coaches-roster/todd-monken

They’ve hired a WR and RB coach already. If Patenaude comes as QB coach I could see Key. If not, you would think the OC would be a QB coach as well.

Or it’s Patenaude and they’re hammering out details on his contract still.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m surprised to hear Tee Martin trying to get the Miami job. I was unaware that Mark Richt was looking for a new offensive coordinator.

If Brent Key can design and assemble a good rushing playbook, I’d be fine with him being run game coordinator as long as he coaches the OL and surrenders playcalling duties to someone else.