OC Hire

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
this will be critical. Who does he hire? His current guy runs a lot of I formation with old school FBs. I think if that’s probably not going to be the best fit, and will make the transition / rebuild process even worse.

Let’s assemble some good news / guesses on who this OC could be. Not a wish list or crazy expensive coaches we can’t afford, but logically defended choices.
I watched the Cincinnati game on YouTube and never saw an I formation. He runs out of the spread with a one back backfield and on occasion, an empty backfield. At no time did his QB get under center and they line up in the John McKay Power I. The one back is one side or the other of him, maybe a yard deeper. I saw nothing creative in it, but they won eight games so maybe there is.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Option: Check
Aggressive Downfield Passes: Check
Creative Ways to get the ball into playmakers hands: Check
Can utilize Dual Threat QBs: Check

Imagine a QB that can actually run the ball running this offense. GT has a few of those already on the roster.

Only thing is that series on the goal line where they ran out of the shotgun...yeah, we're use to seeing something more effective there.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Gotta say we are nothing if not helpful. Guy hasn't put his cleats on and we are telling him what offense to run and who to hire. Wait until the season starts...
I sure he places much value into our opinions but is too busy with transitioning to spend more than 4 or 5 per day reading our posts. Maybe we ought to print all of our threads and mail them to him so he can read them in his leisure ?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I sure he places much value into our opinions but is too busy with transitioning to spend more than 4 or 5 per day reading our posts. Maybe we ought to print all of our threads and mail them to him so he can read them in his leisure ?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
I think he oughta get a written exam on the board once a week. Time to tighten up here.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Option: Check
Aggressive Downfield Passes: Check
Creative Ways to get the ball into playmakers hands: Check
Can utilize Dual Threat QBs: Check

Imagine a QB that can actually run the ball running this offense. GT has a few of those already on the roster.

Only thing is that series on the goal line where they ran out of the shotgun...yeah, we're use to seeing something more effective there.

I’m not sure what guy some of these guys were referring to but Temples offense transfers well to GT.