OC Hire

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Were we Navy-South or Georgia Southern-North when CPJ was hired?

I was hoping for someone different but let’s give this a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have no choice but to give it a chance, so of course I will. Just hoping that Collins doesn't have to fire Patenaude in a few years to save his job. I want Patenaude to do well, but I don't believe he will. BUT, as I said earlier, this is one area I want to be "dead wrong" about.

Last edited:

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Nobody knew Bohannon and Monken would be great assistants and become successful head coaches, either. Let's all admit that we don't know as much as we think we know about the potential of these coaches. Welcome to the Flats, Coaches Thacker and Patenaude!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It's day one, and a new year. Everybody gets a clean slate. All hail our fearless new leaders! (bow and curtsey)

All these guys have something to recommend them, an upside. There is potential here.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
So question: if your moral sensibilities are offended by Key who allegedly ran down his alma mater while recruiting for UCF, are you okay with hiring Sarkissian as OC, a guy who showed up drunk and slurring speech to a press conference?

For me Sark has two big strikes against him. The first is that I just don't think he's a competent leader of men. When you show up drunk, as you've recounted, you're clearly not the right guy to lead a college program. The second is that I think he's a crappy OC and play caller.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It's day one, and a new year. Everybody gets a clean slate. All hail our fearless new leaders! (bow and curtsey)

All these guys have something to recommend them, an upside. There is potential here.

Sounds like you are talking about recruits. What stars do you give our coaches?

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm actually hoping for a Brent Key co-OC or assistant head coach announcement now. Patenaude alone worries me... but I definitely hope it's unfounded if that turns out to be the case.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm actually hoping for a Brent Key co-OC or assistant head coach announcement now. Patenaude alone worries me... but I definitely hope it's unfounded if that turns out to be the case.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

You can realistically only have one guy calling the plays in. Any additional hires aren’t gonna change play calls.