OC Hire

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
At CCU, Patenaude oversaw a high-octane, fast-paced offense led by All-American quarterback Alex Ross from 2013-15, but had to change the approach and pace this year when the Chanticleers were forced to use seven different quarterbacks due to injury.

CCU still managed to go 10-2 in its transition year from the Football Championship Subdivision to the Football Bowl Subdivision, the team rushing for more than 200 yards in 11 of 12 games.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/s...tal-carolina-university/article123917824.html

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
At CCU, Patenaude oversaw a high-octane, fast-paced offense led by All-American quarterback Alex Ross from 2013-15
I do agree with this. When I looked through the games in 2015 they had a LOT of 3-5 play drives. Whether they were three and out or touchdowns, they had a lot of drives, and they were over quickly one way or another.

They didn't have nearly as many scoring drives per drive as GT currently does, but with a good defense, we can afford to score less.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
IF Brent Key is the guy CGC wants, and if he can recruit & coach us to greatness, then I don't care if he had a threesome with Ms Peterson & Buzz as Bud was forced to watch while wearing a swofford mask.

Negative recruiting baloney. Pepper did the same against Dodd when he went to uf. Dooley did the same against his alma mater auburn when he went to ugag. Darryl Royal did the same vs his alma mater OU when he went to Texas. In the mid 70s, Frank Broyles threatened to turn GT into the NCAA over what he said was a recruiting violation that never happened.

Play the game or drop the sport.

Last edited:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
IF Brent Key is the guy CGC wants, and if he can recruit & coach us to greatness, then I don't care if he had a threesome with Ms Peterson & Buzz as Bud was forced to watch while wearing a swofford mask.

Negative recruiting baloney. Pepper did the same against Dodd when he went to uf. Dooley did the same against his alma mater auburn when he went to ugag. Darryl Royal did the same vs his alma mater OU when he went to Texas. In the mid 70s, Frank Broyles threatened to turn GT into the NCAA over what he said was a recruiting violation that never happened.

Play the game or drop the sport.

He panned the school. Said the degree wasn’t worth it. That’s not at all CGC’s message. How ya gonna square that?

How would we counter that being thrown at every recruit Key goes after. “Hey kid...Key said Tech degrees are garbage and not worth the time and effort when playing football. Was he lying to UCF recruits then or to you now? Either way Coach Key is a liar. He’s watching out for himself. I will watch after you. I will help you succeed. And very importantly I won’t lie to you. Sign right here son.”

Milwaukee

Banned
He panned the school. Said the degree wasn’t worth it. That’s not at all CGC’s message. How ya gonna square that?

How would we counter that being thrown at every recruit Key goes after. “Hey kid...Key said Tech degrees are garbage and not worth the time and effort when playing football. Was he lying to UCF recruits then or to you now? Either way Coach Key is a liar. He’s watching out for himself. I will watch after you. I will help you succeed. And very importantly I won’t lie to you. Sign right here son.”

He's a salesman doing a job. He would have a pitch in 3 seconds that not only debunks what he said but he would even advertise what he said and pitch against it. Don't take this so personally, I know easier said than done, it's just business.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
He's a salesman doing a job. He would have a pitch in 3 seconds that not only debunks what he said but he would even advertise what he said and pitch against it. Don't take this so personally, I know easier said than done, it's just business.
If someone wanted to pay me 200k+ to convince a student to go to a different school than Tech, I have some stories that could do the trick. Without an actual quote from Key, it is hard for me to fault the guy for doing his job.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

No, I hear ya. And I understand where y’all are coming from. Loyalty is important to me. A lack of it imo is a red flag for character problems. So while I get your take, I’m vehemently opposed and would be extremely reluctant to let him return in any capacity. I’m not TStan tho.