OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the money is an issue. The problem we have right now is that this whole thing is such a **** show. With all of the rumors that Collins will be gone next year if he doesn't turn it around it's going to be damn near impossible to attract good candidates at OC and DC if they know they'll be looking for a job again next year.
Isn’t this how we lost Woody under Johnson?

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
What could have been. Woody was there for the taking. We definitely have better talent than the results have shown. What if that talent was actually coached up and the Offense had more chances to get its footing.
Honestly, I enjoyed seeing Nate tracking up and down the sidelines..

If we didnt have so much nepotism with what came from Temple, I think we could have been at the least, more competitive
and 8+wins, even in Collins freshman campaign.

Nate knows defense

30coupe

Georgia Tech Fan
Honestly, I enjoyed seeing Nate tracking up and down the sidelines..

If we didnt have so much nepotism with what came from Temple, I think we could have been at the least, more competitive
and 8+wins, even in Collins freshman campaign.

Nate knows defense
I wish we could bring back both Nate Woody (DC at Army) and Andy McCollum (DC at Western Carolina). Both are quality people and excellent coaches plus Coach McCollum is a damn good recruiter.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I wish we could bring back both Nate Woody (DC at Army) and Andy McCollum (DC at Western Carolina). Both are quality people and excellent coaches plus Coach McCollum is a damn good recruiter.
Both would be good, but he didn't keep them when he got here, he will not bring anyone to run he so called defense because he thinks he is the all know it all on defense.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Both would be good, but he didn't keep them when he got here, he will not bring anyone to run he so called defense because he thinks he is the all know it all on defense.
I am trying to turn over a new leaf. I am assuming he is going through a serious mental *** kicking and life learning lessons. The old version of CGC, I 100% agree with you. BUT is he learning anything right now. If we bring in 2 quality assistants then I will be a fan next year and try to forget all the massive damage his arrogance has caused to this program. His recruitiing skills could quickly pull us out of this hole with good coaches and him stepping out of the way a little more. Will he learn his lessons? Giving him the benefit of the doubt. At least until I see who he/TStan makes him hire

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I am trying to turn over a new leaf. I am assuming he is going through a serious mental *** kicking and life learning lessons. The old version of CGC, I 100% agree with you. BUT is he learning anything right now. If we bring in 2 quality assistants then I will be a fan next year and try to forget all the massive damage his arrogance has caused to this program. His recruitiing skills could quickly pull us out of this hole with good coaches and him stepping out of the way a little more. Will he learn his lessons? Giving him the benefit of the doubt. At least until I see who he/TStan makes him hire

Unfortunately if Collins is still in charge of the "practice scheme" and "buddy culture" the new coordinators may be very handicapped in what they can improve. We can see the game day stuff but what actually goes on in prep and practice, this past 3 years and next year, is pretty much unknown. For any real improvement to occur Collins needs to own up to the failures and be willing to let the coordinators make real change.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately if Collins is still in charge of the "practice scheme" and "buddy culture" the new coordinators may be very handicapped in what they can improve. We can see the game day stuff but what actually goes on in prep and practice, this past 3 years and next year, is pretty much unknown. For any real improvement to occur Collins needs to own up to the failures and be willing to let the coordinators make real change.
This! That is why I said he should be in the middle of some serious life learning lessons and look at everything. Will he learn this very in your face brutal lesson? There is a chance. His career is over for anything other than a lower tier position coach somewhere if he does not learn it. He will only be kept on for recruiting purposes mainly to limit his coaching damage

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This! That is why I said he should be in the middle of some serious life learning lessons and look at everything. Will he learn this very in your face brutal lesson? There is a chance. His career is over for anything other than a lower tier position coach somewhere if he does not learn it. He will only be kept on for recruiting purposes mainly to limit his coaching damage
I agree and hope he has learned guess we will see

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I hope there's a new and improved Geoff Collins 2.0

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Not one thing we will do would,unite this fan base.
I agree and hope he has learned guess we will see
Learned what actually? An early indicator will be no more Waffle House Wednesdays with extreme gluttony followed by skinny suits. I don't thinks its just about winning, its about representing the institute. Again and unfortunately I've lived in Nebraska for 20 years. Pelini went 9-4 or 10-4 every year. And you know what happened, nobody liked him, didn't represent the university well. And yet again as an old GT alum, I can. deal better with 3-9 than having a clown represent the institute.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
For everyone asking for coordinators to come from lower level schools (like Coastal Carolina or Kent St), you guys are aware that D-Pad was coastal Carolina OC for five years and set most every offensive school record at the time?

Success at the lower levels of football doesn't always equal success at upper levels. And I don't think either Stansbury or Collins wants someone to learn on the job when immediate results are needed next year.