OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well Godsey is out.

IT's been long rumored that Godsey had no interest in returning to the college game. It actually surprised me that Godsey entertained it...but I guess out of respect for GT he listened.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
If anyonenof importance read these.... Andrew Sowder. .. Kent St. Look the numbers up...

Serious question, why has this idea been floating around here lately? Certain posters get mad at some of the comments here as if this place matters and acts like we’re Congress or something. No one gives a **** about this place. It’s a fan forum. We’re all just here masturbating in the wind. Embrace it. You might enjoy yourselves. 🤣

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Serious question, why has this idea been floating around here lately? Certain posters get mad at some of the comments here as if this place matters and acts like we’re Congress or something. No one gives a **** about this place. It’s a fan forum. We’re all just here masturbating in the wind. Embrace it. You might enjoy yourselves. 🤣

Speak for yourself bro. I am VERY important at my neighborhood watering hole...at the corner of the bar...sitting by myself....

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Would you give a lucrative multi year contract to a guy who doesn't even have a full year's experience as offensive coordinator?
He's not even full offensive coordinator, he is Co-offensive coordinator.

He was OC for two years in Houston. 2015-16. Wasn't great, but he does have more than one years experience.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
He was OC for two years in Houston. 2015-16. Wasn't great, but he does have more than one years experience.
Right I already addressed that.

Seems like one of those work experiences most people leave off the resume due to how bad it was (not saying it's was purely his fault, I know the QB situation was poor). Either way, results were not great.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Right I already addressed that.

Seems like one of those work experiences most people leave off the resume due to how bad it was (not saying it's was purely his fault, I know the QB situation was poor). Either way, results were not great.

I mean, I'm not overly a huge fan of the idea of Godsey as OC, but O'Brien was notorious for not allowing his OCs to truly operate on their own. IMO, he needs a couple years at Miami to really see what he can do.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
FTRS named him in an article earlier today, so my couch research is dated already, but what would be the take on Matt Mumme as an OC candidate? Not sure how the RB room fits that offense, but it'd be fun to watch.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I mean, I'm not overly a huge fan of the idea of Godsey as OC, but O'Brien was notorious for not allowing his OCs to truly operate on their own. IMO, he needs a couple years at Miami to really see what he can do.

They also went through 4 QBs that year. Lots of extenuating circumstances...and Godsey was just the scapegoat for O'Brien.

Godsey isn't coming, so it's just a waste of time to hash out.

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
There is a stripper at the Cheetah who has a neighbor who knows a guy that heard another guy talking on the phone to CGC. TIM CRAMSEY at Marshall will be the next OC. If you would like more inside info ask for Diamond.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the money is an issue. The problem we have right now is that this whole thing is such a **** show. With all of the rumors that Collins will be gone next year if he doesn't turn it around it's going to be damn near impossible to attract good candidates at OC and DC if they know they'll be looking for a job again next year.