OC and DC replacement thoughts!!

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I would pay money to watch Muschamp on day 1 coaching our defense. Something tells me the post practice conversations back at the dorm would be amazing. Muschamp wouldn’t be dabbing you up for missing a tackle or taking a bad angle. I believe our players would thrive under discipline after the realization that the 3 year sleep over party was over.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
There's probably offset language. UF would just have to make up the difference in what he was supposed to make and what he would make here.

That said, I'd be shocked if Mullen came here just to be OC.

I would be shocked as well, but it's a lot more possible than most think.

IF he were to come for a year or two and IF GT were to turn the corner offensively, which I believe is entirely possible in the next two years regardless of OC, then he would add value to his resume as an offensive genius and more people would remember the SEC East Champion Gators team he coached than the 2021 version.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't think these are going to be appealing jobs when you know you're getting canned after next season.
not necessarily the case.

we have players. if we get decent coord's, and collins sticks to what he's best at (probably gonna require some outside influence to help him figure that out), and leaves the coords to do their things, there is significant chance of improvement, and sticking around.

I think the team can go 8-4 next year, and 12-0 the one after, and all we'll hear about is no socks, money down, Citadel, and whatever.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
I would pay money to watch Muschamp on day 1 coaching our defense. Something tells me the post practice conversations back at the dorm would be amazing. Muschamp wouldn’t be dabbing you up for missing a tackle or taking a bad angle. I believe our players would thrive under discipline after the realization that the 3 year sleep over party was over.

you need to take a break. your comments are not amusing any more, and not particularly helpful.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I don't think these are going to be appealing jobs when you know you're getting canned after next season.

OC I think will be appealing even if it's a one year basis. Being able to work with Sims +Gibbs/Smith should be enticing and even if Collins is let go, as long as the offense does pretty well it would likely set up nicely to land on your feet. Most coordinators are gunning for HC jobs so long term job security isn't as big a deal.

DC is another story though.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
With Ole Miss, UCF, and Georgia in the OOC schedule and Clemson in the ACC schedule, we will in all likelihood have to go 8-0 in the remaining games to go 8-4.

I love this program but this team is probably not bowling next year.
UCF isn’t that great. Ole Miss will be talented but may be starting a new QB and new HC. Clemson and uga are high probability losses.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
With Ole Miss, UCF, and Georgia in the OOC schedule and Clemson in the ACC schedule, we will in all likelihood have to go 8-0 in the remaining games to go 8-4.

I love this program but this team is probably not bowling next year.
Ole Miss will be significantly worse next year than this year based on losing an NFL caliber QB and a lot of starters. UCF doesn’t scare me. They aren’t the same program the were a few years ago. Malzahn didn’t really build on what Heupel had, and their QB is transferring out. Those are not unwinnable games. Probably on the same level everyone thought UNC and Miami would be this year. We should be better, and Clemson is the only ACC team who will be significantly better than us on paper, and the only ACC game I don’t really expect to have a chance to win next year. FSU made some strides this year, but they won’t be above and beyond our level.

6-6 should be the expectation and the floor. If we don’t make it then CGC should be shown the door. Georgia and Clemson are the only 2 games we shouldn’t really have a chance to win. That means 6-4 against the rest of the schedule. Thats very manageable.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Stech, I appreciate your quip most of the time. It’s usually humorous as I can relate to having a nagging wife and like to drink beer.

At this point you’re more relatable to a broken record pal. Take some time off from the swarm. We all probably should.
I know and I'm sorry but it kills me to see us play this bad I have been though bad years but could see light coming at my age I ain't got many more years

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I know and I'm sorry but it kills me to see us play this bad I have been though bad years but could see light coming at my age I ain't got many more years.
Tip of the cap. I appreciate you and all of the fans who have put in serval decades or more of fandom to this team. I hope for y’all sake it doesn’t take a new AD for this team to right the ship.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I think Muschamp would be good. But think back at past history he came from uga and 1/2 the fans don't want a uga man. right or wrong it's hard don't know why if you pay him I would bet he would do all he could.

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Don’t see Collins deviating from the GT tree that’s why I think it’ll be Corey Dennis as OC and Shane Bowen as DC. We can afford Dennis and can’t find Bowen’s salary, but at least make him say no.