Notre Dame @ Georgia Tech 1/28/2017

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Solid game plan today.

Isolated our wings vs theirs all game. They adjusted by going zone. We scored inside in 5 seconds against the zone the first time we saw it. Effectively forced them back to man -to-man.

Lammers doing everything today. Did he ever come out? Someone needs to have a word with the official scorer on our home floor about giving Ben credit for his blocks.

Their #5 is a very good player.

Good to see we can win against a good team when Okogie has an off game. Although he was wide open a bunch in the corner and never got the ball.

Not sure what to say about the finish except it got me out of my seat cheering!

I haven't seen the stats but we must have out rebounded them by a lot. Seems like we have our guards rebound then look to immediately attack. What we saw at the end was typical for this season.

Need to hit free throws to win in this league. A few too many easy turnovers which they scored on.

/

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
Got up and yelled at the buzzer. My wife was holding our cat who promptly Scooby dooed off of her! She looked at me and said " What are you doing!? " Been so long I guess i'm out of practice!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Solid game plan today.

Isolated our wings vs theirs all game. They adjusted by going zone. We scored inside in 5 seconds against the zone the first time we saw it. Effectively forced them back to man -to-man.

Lammers doing everything today. Did he ever come out? Someone needs to have a word with the official scorer on our home floor about giving Ben credit for his blocks.

Good to see we can win against a good team when Okogie has an off game. Although he was wide open a bunch in the corner and never got the ball.

I haven't seen the stats but we must have out rebounded them by a lot. Seems like we have our guards rebound then look to immediately attack. What we saw at the end was typical for this season.

Need to hit free throws to win in this league. A few too many easy turnovers which they scored on.

/

+8 on the glass

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Got up and yelled at the buzzer. My wife was holding our cat who promptly Scooby dooed off of her! She looked at me and said " What are you doing!? " Been so long I guess i'm out of practice!
I'm with you. I flew off my chair as JO went down the court. Could you Tech fans in Atlanta hear me cheering all the way up here in Pennsylvania?

slugboy

Staff member
Caught the very end. Watched ND tie up the game and us go cold on offense. Watched us miss two free throws. The crowd stayed loud. It looked at the end like ND would pull out a win, but we played solid defense, got the rebound. I was impressed against FSU, but I'm more impressed that we can string two upset wins together like this.
I hope some of our recruits and potential recruits were watching. I'm hoping a couple of kids on the fence see what's going on here.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game today. Great crowd with a majority of Tech fans. I'm so impressed by the mental toughness of this team. ND went up I think by 10 early in the 1st half but the Jackets did not panic. Okogie played bad all game. I was a little worried of how we were going to win since Josh O was playing so bad. But hear comes Tadric Jackson. And Okogie missed two big free throws but didnt get down on himself and ended up hitting the game winning layup. Also, I gotta give credit to Josh Heath. He's been playing awesome. His steady ball handling and passing have been incredible. Plus, he had 5 steals today. And of course, another double double from Ben Lammers.

This team continues to amaze me. CJP and staff have done a great job. I look forward to see what happens in the next few years. Go Jackets!

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
Solid game plan today.

Need to hit free throws to win in this league. A few too many easy turnovers which they scored on./
Early on Tech killed them on the boards. At one point they 9 total rebounds and Tech had 20 including 8 offensive rebounds. They closed the gap as the game continued.
I did love how they were prepared for the zone. Forcing them out of it quickly each time was a big plus.
It was good to see Tadric step up and have his best game with Josh not having a particularly good one.
Occasionally having Heyward out there is a chore offensively from a scoring perspective but it worked out

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty good read from Bark Madly
the quote I like: "if you were casting eyes on Pastner’s team for the first time Saturday, you saw a team with a clear idea of what it needed to do and how to do it. You saw a team that passed well – 18 assists on 26 baskets – and got great looks from its set offense against a zone defense, which not every team can do. You saw a team that knocked the usually precise Irish off-stride enough that Steve Vasturia, a three-year starter averaging 14.9 points, made one basket in 39 minutes." in other words, a WELL COACHED team!

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Loved watching this game. We are playing really well right now. Anybody who said Heath is not an ACC level PG should be eating crow now. He controlled this game and is playing at a very high level now. Lammers continues to impress, and Tadric finished REALLY well today. It was his best game of the year.

So here we sit at 5-4 and 6th in the ACC. However, we have already played every one of the teams in front of us. Unbelievable. Enjoy it, y'all, this is a fun ride. Go jackets!

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll post more later but what a great win. On a day that okogie just was not focused - at least 3 unforced to, airballl on a short shot - gt got a great performances from tj, an iron man performance from lammers, a great glue performance from q and nice steady floor games from the 2 Sr pg.

What a win. Settled for a couple too many threes when facing 2-3 zone but eventually figured out that the 8 ft jumoper was there all day against it.

The Rudy was offsides sign was awesome. Was there at 11 and the jerseys were already gone and the students e there. Building was at least 90-10 jackets

For those that stayed the alumni game was awesome. Cremins blue team defeated kaisers white team 67-65 in overtime. Note alumni that I can ever remember showed up today. Marvin lewis labarrie and west can all still really play