Notre Dame @ Georgia Tech 1/28/2017

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I think Moore has shown some bright spots but needs to continue to work on his game. Pretty confident he has hit the freshman wall. I focused in on him today in warm-ups to see his jumper and why he never shoots, now i know why. He missed all 5 3's that he took with 1 hitting the side of the backboard. If he continues working on it, and keeps utilizing his speed, he will be A- OK. I think he will be backup to Jose but will prob start the first few games next year. That is a very quick 1- 2 punch at point.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I'll post more later but what a great win. On a day that okogie just was not focused - at least 3 unforced to, airballl on a short shot - gt got a great performances from tj, an iron man performance from lammers, a great glue performance from q and nice steady floor games from the 2 Sr pg.

What a win. Settled for a couple too many threes when facing 2-3 zone but eventually figured out that the 8 ft jumoper was there all day against it.

The Rudy was offsides sign was awesome. Was there at 11 and the jerseys were already gone and the students e there. Building was at least 90-10 jackets

For those that stayed the alumni game was awesome. Cremins blue team defeated kaisers white team 67-65 in overtime. Note alumni that I can ever remember showed up today. Marvin lewis labarrie and west can all still really play
That Letterwinners game really was fantastic. I have to remember to write the AD and suggest that going forward when they make the shirts for the guys they put their names on the back as well to make it easier for the fans to follow the players from different generations, especially since we may not be able to tell how they aged. The highlight for me was the 82 year old letterwinner who was hustling up and down the court the entire time, and when Coach Cremins took him out at the end he ran full speed off the court. You know Whack Hyder would have chewed him out if he didn't hustle off to the bench. So cool to see that from an octogenarian Jacket!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I admit I'm not a huge basketball fan unless we have a chance of winning regularly. But I thought I would give our new coach a look and watched us play the dawns on TV. I can't remember when I saw a worse game by us. Then my son took me to yesterday's game with ND and it is hard to imagine the difference in how we played. The fact that a big ND fan went with us made it even sweeter. This coach(es) seems to be for real. Was fun team to watch even if they had lost. They played with their hearts, which is all I ask. Go Jackets!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Was my first game back since...well, let's just say I used to buy season tickets back in the day. I juts LOVED the electricity in the building, and who could ask for a better finish. After Okogie missed both free throws, I remember sitting there thinking "well, we played 'em tough and hard, but we just ran out of gas". I thought we made some errors down the stretch from sheer fatigue. Lames in particular looked exhausted to my old eyes, and he had a couple of throwaways in the last 2-3 minutes that especially hurt. But not trying to take *anything* away form Big Ben, he is one of our stars and we wouldn't be anywhere without him. In fact, without Lammers I would bet you we'd be the team Rothstein and everyone else expected to see.

I was shocked and amazed when we held on that final possession (actually, the last 2) by ND, and then was amazed and delirious when Okogie streaked for the win. I think if it had gone to OT their depth might have made the difference, so I am SO glad it didn't!

Is it too early to talk about bracketology yet?

And thank you, thank you to CJP, all the assistant coaches (who are so key to this) and the players for bringing the thrill back to the ThrillerDome!!!!!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone realize we scored 0 points in the LAST FIVE MINUTES until Okogie's lay-up, and still won?

ND only scored 5 points in the last 5 minutes, and 3 of those were on a bad outlet pass straight to Farrell at the top of the key for an uncontested shot.

Weird ending, and I hope we don't start disappearing for long stretches, but I'll take the win any day!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
For anyone who wants to watch the cleanest replay ever, thank @BobintheATL99

It's also great to scroll down about 15 threads to find this one, rather than immediately below our next game thread. Lot of excitement already back.