awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Time to get ready for the Saturday's game. Starts at Noon -

ESPNU for TV

upload_2017-1-26_19-47-59.png

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope we get a good crowd, this team really responds well to a big/loud crowd.

If you are on the fence about going, pull the trigger and buy tickets! Support the work these kids and this staff have put in this year!

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
The fact that we don't sell out games in McCamish tells you all you need to know about GT athletics and the local fan base. Embarrassing that there are still tickets left for Notre Dame

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The fact that we don't sell out games in McCamish tells you all you need to know about GT athletics and the local fan base. Embarrassing that there are still tickets left for Notre Dame

After not attending for a number of years, I have purchased tickets for the first time to go to this game. But I cannot blame much of the fan base...it takes time to build momentum and belief that this is real. (And some excellent recruiting!)

Sadly, this will be the last game this year that I will even be in town for.....many of us have lives that interfere with attending GT games.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Early in the year there were thousands of tickets for GT games available on ticket sites usually at or under $10
A quick look at a couple of sites shows maybe a couple hundred tickets available at or around face ($40 - $100). It ain't what it was at the height of the thriller dome but I take that as great progress.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
After not attending for a number of years, I have purchased tickets for the first time to go to this game. But I cannot blame much of the fan base...it takes time to build momentum and belief that this is real. (And some excellent recruiting!)

Sadly, this will be the last game this year that I will even be in town for.....many of us have lives that interfere with attending GT games.
in similar situation, but bought tickets for this game [emoji3] and if schedule allows plan on doing so in a couple of weeks.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Sadly it's football stirs the coffee at GT right now but that will change if Pastner turns the program around. When that happens McCamish will be sold out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Georgia Tech Preview - Five Things To Know link from the ND perspective.

"Notre Dame and Georgia Tech will be meeting for the 15th time on Saturday afternoon. Tech leads the all-time series 8-6, but the Irish have won four of the last five meetings and boast a 4-2 record against the Yellow Jackets in ACC play."

"Notre Dame associate head coach Rod Balanis returns to his alma mater on Saturday when the Irish face Georgia Tech in McCamish Pavilion. Balanis played for former Georgia Tech head coach Bobby Cremins from 1990-94, making four appearances in the NCAA tournament, two Sweet 16 berths and a spot in the 1990 Final Four."

"Notre Dame has four players averaging at least 14.0 points-per-game in 2016-17 "

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, there are about 400 tickets left from the ticket office.

I will be there tomorrow. Hope GT plays well.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I've loved this matchup for us since the Clemson game.

Bonzie Colson will not have a good game against our front line. The rest of their starters all shoot above 35% from deep I do beleive. We should destroy them on the glass.

We are going to see a lot of Corey in this game. He should be able to at least disrupt Farrell, if not I think Jax may have some success if he can buckle down and focus.

The big matchup here is Okogie and Beachem for me.

It's entirely possible they shoot us out of the zone and in that case can Okogie slow VJ down. He is kind of one dimensional so that may work in our favor. He doesn't post much. Which is good because he's 6'8-6'9 and JO is 6'4.

1-Keep Colson off the offensive glass and off the line (85%)

2-Guard the 3 pt line and funnel their guards to Lammers

3-Jax gets 10. Going to need a 4th scorer in this one I think. (Unless JO goes for 35......again)

Tech by 5.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I've loved this matchup for us since the Clemson game.

Bonzie Colson will not have a good game against our front line. The rest of their starters all shoot above 35% from deep I do beleive. We should destroy them on the glass.

We are going to see a lot of Corey in this game. He should be able to at least disrupt Farrell, if not I think Jax may have some success if he can buckle down and focus.

The big matchup here is Okogie and Beachem for me.

It's entirely possible they shoot us out of the zone and in that case can Okogie slow VJ down. He is kind of one dimensional so that may work in our favor. He doesn't post much. Which is good because he's 6'8-6'9 and JO is 6'4.

1-Keep Colson off the offensive glass and off the line (85%)

2-Guard the 3 pt line and funnel their guards to Lammers

3-Jax gets 10. Going to need a 4th scorer in this one I think. (Unless JO goes for 35......again)

Tech by 5.
Colson found the middle vs. Syracuse's 2-3 and did well, outside of unrelated foul trouble early on. Notre Dame's shooters can really stretch the zone to the perimeter.

Beachem also went off vs. the zone, though it could have just as easily been Vasturia as ND had a lot of uncontested looks.

Farrell is solid and I agree Corey can make him work.

The opening line is ND by 4.5. This is a big game if you allow your mind to wander toward how this projects toward March, given we don't have many more big name opponents left. Hopefully we continue to play hard, loose and with a chip on our shoulder.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Colson found the middle vs. Syracuse's 2-3 and did well, outside of unrelated foul trouble early on. Notre Dame's shooters can really stretch the zone to the perimeter.

Beachem also went off vs. the zone, though it could have just as easily been Vasturia as ND had a lot of uncontested looks.

Farrell is solid and I agree Corey can make him work.

The opening line is ND by 4.5. This is a big game if you allow your mind to wander toward how this projects toward March, given we don't have many more big name opponents left. Hopefully we continue to play hard, loose and with a chip on our shoulder.

We ain't Syracuse.

IMG_0865.GIF

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
I think this is going to be a hard-fought game because Notre Dame is a very disciplined, well-coached team that can shoot the ball well; however I still like the matchup.

From what I've seen, they don't have a dominant big man, which could mean that Lammers is in for a big game. Should have lots of rebounds and blocks. It's also very possible that they try to smother him, in which case we'll have to get more creative or try to work the ball inside out. Okogie and Jax should be able to pull draw their defense in, but we'll need to make good passes and knock down our shots.

They are good at penetrating and finding open looks. They also pass the ball very well. Syracuse's zone didn't work too well, but it'll be interesting to our defensive approach.

All in all, I think we've got a pretty good shot. I expect a close game.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Now I'm worried wins vs. Syracuse won't help GT enough.

Cuse - let's have the problem that GT actually wins these games... At this point, we already have enough "high quality wins" for a bubble team. We need to increase the overall quantity of wins.

IMHO - We need to go 5-5 in the remaining of the conference regular season to make the dance bubble due to the weakness of the early schedule.

We have 5 games at home, and 5 away games.

I'd say the two ND games (home and away) and away @ Syracuse are the three most difficult games.

/