Northwestern Game Thread

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, not arguing with you, Red, but Marquette did not have a very good resume either, and they took care of us. Of course, you did NOT say we'd win, just that they aren't particularly good....which I guess says something about us as well <sigh>.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
MB - I don't disagree with you.
On paper we should have beat Marquette but lost.
On paper we should have lost to UGA and RI and won.

That is why you play the games. In college basketball in particular with 30 games you are going to have losses and wins you don't expect. You hope you have alot more of the unexpected wins than losses.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a decent road test for the team but I see us winning by about 10. (67-57) it's time for MGH to finally step up and take control of the team. If he's not going to do it then Stephens or Jackson need to increase their shots / aggression. MGH has all the tools to be a great player, he just seems timid, too often, you see flashes of what he could be then he disappears for the rest of the game.

I also think Heath is decent at penetrating and then dropping that little floater/mid range jumper. He needs to do that more often. At least about 5 times a game.

And please....let Mitchell and COx just use 80% of practices shooting FTs. They are going to be hacked all season and going to the line a ton. If they can at least shoot close to 70% from the line then we have a chance to stay close in ACC play.