• North Carolina by 7-13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Carolina by 14+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
GT 48 UNC 28. UNC gets a score on Techs second/third team in a game that is never close and JJ breaks out with a 60 yard run while running the option in mop up duty.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Are we sure their 10 missing people aren't just staying on campus to study for upcoming exams?

Oh, wait...... Never mind.

Some of it actually is academic since it is book week for them and they are bringing in the authors of some of their text books for lectures. One is a Dr Seuss and the other one wrote the classic "Go dog go".

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Like I said before, as long as I stick to my prediction eventually I'll be right!

Georgia Tech 49
UNC 0

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I thought that was still scored as a 2 point safety, so it would be 6-2. No?
in college 1 point safeties can happen on extra point tries. There was one in the bowl game between Oregon and Kansas State a few years ago

"In American football, if what would normally be a safety is scored on an extra point or two-point conversion attempt (officially known in the rulebooks as a try), one point is awarded to the scoring team. This is commonly known as a conversion safety or one-point safety and it can be scored by the offense. There are at least two known occurrences of the conversion safety in Division I college football – a November 26, 2004 game in which Texas scored against Texas A&M, and the 2013 Fiesta Bowl in which Oregon scored against Kansas State. In both games, the point-after-touchdown kick was blocked, recovered by the defense, and then fumbled or thrown back into the end zone."

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
in college 1 point safeties can happen on extra point tries. There was one in the bowl game between Oregon and Kansas State a few years ago

"In American football, if what would normally be a safety is scored on an extra point or two-point conversion attempt (officially known in the rulebooks as a try), one point is awarded to the scoring team. This is commonly known as a conversion safety or one-point safety and it can be scored by the offense. There are at least two known occurrences of the conversion safety in Division I college football – a November 26, 2004 game in which Texas scored against Texas A&M, and the 2013 Fiesta Bowl in which Oregon scored against Kansas State. In both games, the point-after-touchdown kick was blocked, recovered by the defense, and then fumbled or thrown back into the end zone."
Whoops I forgot the defense part

"A conversion safety could also be scored by the defense. To accomplish this, the kicking team would have to retreat all the way back to their own end zone. A possible scenario in college and professional football would involve a turnover on a two-point conversion attempt followed by a lost fumble before the defensive player reaches the end zone, with the ball finally being downed by the offense in its own end zone; the other plausible scenario in which this could happen is if the snap on an extra point kick attempt is wildly errant and the kicking team repeatedly bats the ball toward their end zone to avoid the other team recovering and returning it (while not being able to recover it themselves or bat the ball out of bounds) or either team repeatedly bobbles the ball backward out of sheer incompetence, a scenario attested at least once in regular play from scrimmage in college football. (This scenario would result in a one-point safety under high school rules as well, as the conversion attempt does not end until the ball is dead or the opposing team takes possession.) While such a conversion safety has never been scored by the defense, it is the only possible way in which a team could finish with a single point in an American football game."

I guess it says it can happen in the NFL too. I thought it was college only so my bad there