• North Carolina by 7-13

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Carolina by 14+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grb916

Georgia Tech Fan
I can see a lot of methodical, long drives by the Tech O. UNC will probably defend against the big plays, but let us gash them for 4-5 yards consistently. They may keep up with us for a half, but we'll run away with it late.

42-31 good guys

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
What say you?

Poll included.

I think we will either roll early and kill them or turn the ball over early and it ends up being a last possession kind of deal. This (UNC) is a team that is possibly on the brink of going down the tubes for this year. Injuries, emotional loss to bitter instate rival, losing record, inexperienced quarterback etc. Just a little nudge of an early TD may be enough to blow up the whole shebang for this year. Let's do it.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I expect Carolina will have a bit more success than Pitt moving the ball, but if we tackle like we did last week, they won’t be much more successful. They haven’t stopped us in years, and I have no reason to believe they’ll start now.

45-24, Jackets.

They haven't stopped anybody in years but with Fedora and the offensive skill players they have had all they needed was a couple of stops and they were off to the races. Funny, this is the school that produced great linebackers like hot cakes year after year and linemen that were productive as well.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to hear what logic you are using to come up with this. I mean sure, it could happen, but what could you possibly base this prediction on? They just lost to DUKE, whose combined FBS opponents are 3-8 and those 3 wins are over an 0-4 team, an 0-4 team, and a team that has lost by 30+ points twice. And UNC lost to THAT. They lost a ton of skill to graduation and a ton more to injuries. We just showed last week that we could have 4 turnovers and still win by nearly 3 touchdowns against a team like that.

Well, there is the logic that they have beaten us two years in a row. Other than that and the idea that UNC might come out and play with their hair on fire because their backs are against the wall. This is their season. If they want to salvage anything from 2017 it has to start this week. Will that be enough to be a confident and tested GT team? Probably not, but stranger things have happened especially to teams like us with a tendency to turn the ball over. Do what we did last week and those four fumbles may become four touchdowns instead of four three and outs. If we do not leave the ball on the ground and run the damn bone we could possibly blow them out. Now that would be a sight worth seeing.

Deleted member 2897

Well, there is the logic that they have beaten us two years in a row. Other than that and the idea that UNC might come out and play with their hair on fire because their backs are against the wall. This is their season. If they want to salvage anything from 2017 it has to start this week. Will that be enough to be a confident and tested GT team? Probably not, but stranger things have happened especially to teams like us with a tendency to turn the ball over. Do what we did last week and those four fumbles may become four touchdowns instead of four three and outs. If we do not leave the ball on the ground and run the damn bone we could possibly blow them out. Now that would be a sight worth seeing.

Well first, they have beat us 3 years in a row. :)

Second, you answered my question - you have to count on all kinds of things happening that haven't happened yet. Those things certainly could happen, and people make money all the time playing long odds, but that's not me.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Well, there is the logic that they have beaten us two years in a row. Other than that and the idea that UNC might come out and play with their hair on fire because their backs are against the wall. This is their season. If they want to salvage anything from 2017 it has to start this week. Will that be enough to beat a confident and tested GT team? Probably not, but stranger things have happened especially to teams like us with a tendency to turn the ball over. Do what we did last week and those four fumbles may become four touchdowns instead of four three and outs. If we do not leave the ball on the ground and run the damn bone we could possibly blow them out. Now that would be a sight worth seeing.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Well first, they have beat us 3 years in a row. :)

Second, you answered my question - you have to count on all kinds of things happening that haven't happened yet. Those things certainly could happen, and people make money all the time playing long odds, but that's not me.

Show off. Yes, it has been three years. Much too long. My point in answering your question was that college football is unpredictable but yes, this is a team on the ropes that probably cannot pull the upset but we won't know until "Toe meets leather" Saturday.

Deleted member 2897

Show off. Yes, it has been three years. Much too long. My point in answering your question was that college football is unpredictable but yes, this is a team on the ropes that probably cannot pull the upset but we won't know until "Toe meets leather" Saturday.

How about this - we've beat the spread 6 straight games.

Oh wait - the last time we didn't beat the spread was against North Carolina. :)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I remember years ago when folks mentioned our record vs. the big 4... Georgia, Clemson, VT, Miami.

Then we started losing to UNC, so some expanded the measure of success to our record vs. the big 5.

I predict those same folks will revert to talking about our record against the big 4 after this game, if you catch my drift.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
ESPN ACC Week 5 picks: Can Clemson win another tough ACC road game?
North Carolina (1-3,0-2) at Georgia Tech (2-1, 1-0), noon, ESPN2

David Hale: TaQuon Marshall has been a revelation at QB for the Yellow Jackets, who are averaging nearly 500 yards per game so far. UNC’s defense looked better against Duke last week, but there are still problems, and with linebacker Andre Smith out, stopping Paul Johnson’s option offense is going to be a nightmare. Georgia Tech 45, North Carolina 21

Andrea Adelson: North Carolina has had Georgia Tech's number in recent years, winning three straight in the series, so this one is ripe for an ACC upset watch. But the Tar Heels' injuries go beyond Andre Smith. More than 10 players are lost for the season, and North Carolina is severely depleted at receiver, with Austin Proehl, Thomas Jackson and Rontavius Groves out. UNC won't be able to keep up. Georgia Tech 35, North Carolina 24

RamblinAbe

Georgia Tech Fan
GT 42
UNC 17

Pieces of our offense have played well, but not all at the same time over the first three games; the same can be said with our defense. I believe Saturday all bets are we do three things consistently: 1.) Don't Fumble 2.) Control the Clock 3.) Force Turnovers on Defense

Our seniors know the misery that UNC has caused us over the past few years. Just like with Pitt., we handle them and move to 2-0 in the coastal. This is VERY important btw. Holding tie-breakers over two teams we have lost to in the past this early is a HUGE confidence booster.

Go Jackets!