No uga

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think this could work out in our favor from a competitive standpoint. We should be much better in 2021. These higher rated recruits we have brought in should have more experience and about 18 months of s&c to get bigger, faster, and stronger. We should be much faster and athletic at all the skill positions on offense. I think we will be more athletic and deeper on the defensive front 7. We should be able to give UGA a much better game or even get the upset.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer

Good morning men!
I have reviewed the photo several times.

We have more fans in the South Lower, North Lower and both West Lower and West Upper. UGA has more fans in North Upper, East Upper, and East Lower.
The West holds more fans than the East,

We had at least 30k GT fans for that game. 30k is larger that 25k. Black and blue that GT fanswear just do not pop as the UGA red does.
We may have more than 30k GT fans at that game. I stand by my statement.
That pic was also from at least 2015, if not further back. I can’t find one from last year’s game, which was the most red probably ever in BDS, but here’s one from 2017 which is almost as bad. There’s no way there’s 30k+ Tech fans I’m the stadium. 25k maybe, and definitely less than that in 2019.
AD35E7C4-5B6C-4F71-ACDB-BA4D5A20C5EF.jpeg

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
It is 100% true just open your eyes. I don’t give a damn who the tickets are allocated to, just pan the stadium and see who ended up with those tix on gameday.
You are correct sir! Major problem is Tech fans are cheap, rather watch game on T.V. Add in lazy too, don't want to get off the couch. Most alums live outside the state so I would give some of them a pass but, in the end, for most fans it's just too much trouble!!

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
That pic was also from at least 2015, if not further back. I can’t find one from last year’s game, which was the most red probably ever in BDS, but here’s one from 2017 which is almost as bad. There’s no way there’s 30k+ Tech fans I’m the stadium. 25k maybe, and definitely less than that in 2019.
View attachment 8717
and what was our record those years? we were terrible

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
You are correct sir! Major problem is Tech fans are cheap, rather watch game on T.V. Add in lazy too, don't want to get off the couch. Most alums live outside the state so I would give some of them a pass but, in the end, for most fans it's just too much trouble!!
@Supersizethatorder-mutt - I've seen old games in the 1990 season. Tons of GT fans at the games (pariticularly the Citrus Bowl). Was there a decline in interest / support in the late 80s and early / mid 90s seasons?

I'm just wondering if this is a product of our fans being fair weather (and where we're at in our re-build cycle) or if this is a consistent trend.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This decision stinks.

I know it is unlikely that we get to the end of the season, and I know that cancelling games is almost inevitable, but to plan for it not happening feels like the season will be cheapened. Losing the game hurts us more than them (IMHO) but beyond that, I feel for the seniors who will miss the game. I do plan on blowing up all my uGa friends about ducking us - but even that doesn't feel real (they would clearly be favored heavily in the hypothetical match up).

I hope it doesn't have longer lasting implications for the series, to drop this would be a step back from our rich history as a program, and a heavy one at that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I really not sure how this season will go , not talking about wins. But now word is the Big 10 may wait till spring which i think would be bad. I hope will get to play our games.

Oh and f**k you uga

If B1G waits till spring to play, a large number of their high level NFL prospects in the conference could very well skip it since it comes so close to the NFL draft. Ohio State's Justin Field's could potentially skip a Spring season and get drafted in the first round since he's 3 years removed from high school. He's already projected to go in the top 5, why risk a catastrophic injury so close to NFL draft and cost yourself millions.

DonDonGT

Georgia Tech Fan
None of this matters. We wouldn’t have played UGA anyways because of Corona . There will not be a football season