NFL Scouts like the new hires

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
What hurts his chances in this regard is that the opinion of an NFL scout was that GT was not a scout friendly visit. Johnson didn't provide anything that refuted that. Had he pointed to other scouts that would have had different opinions then sure. But he didn't. His comment about not remembering the guy only plays into the idea of limited access to coaches being an issue and his denials wouldn't really convince employers not to look into it. That being said in this regard I highly doubt this matters. Future employers would probably more concerned with Johnson being able to satisfy them that he can field a competent defense to go with his offense, and probably a dozen other issues, before being a scout friendly visit.

To me, the main reason I think he should have let it go is that the account he is on is still officially affiliated with GT. His use of it should still be entirely to the benefit of GT, and I don't believe his response was that because at the core, Nagy's tweet was a positive one for GT building hype for the new staff from an outside source which we need. Now he is free to respond of course, but he should have done it from a personal twitter, not the one described as "Official Twitter for @GeorgiaTechFB" . I also believe that if he is a fan of GT, as he said he always would be, he could overlook a very minor slight in a post that was overall positive for the program.
This!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
If he ever wants to coach again he can’t afford to let it slide. How often do you let very public lies about yourself slide?
If it was an attack on me personally, I would respond for sure. This is not the case here.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Maybe someone already posted this and I missed it, but I found this very interesting. CPJ wasn't impressed:

Gotta love ole CPJ! And the potential of this new staff!!

ETA: An extra reply from CPJ. Time to get the popcorn ready!

I think one scout who might or might not have had a bad experience can hardly critique the welcome due all NFL scouts. At the same time we kind o see that churlish, pugnacious approach Johnson takes to everything.

LibertyTurns

Banned
What the assbag was really saying was for an elite program like Bammer I expect to make an appointment, get cleared to visit, etc. I know I just can’t walk in there unannounced. At little crappy GT, you guys should kiss my ***. Just because I showed up at your campus you should do a media event. I should have free run of the place whenever I want because I’m NFL & you need to curry favor with me. That’s what the underlying theme of that tweet was.

There’s a lot more to it than a jab at Johnson. The dude’s publicly slighting the Institute with a backhanded jab at a head coach that’s no longer there. The sidebar is he’s puffing his resume trying to get back into the NFL. He abviously can look past a SECEspn talent report to do his job.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I also don't think CPJ will spend a majority of his time playing golf in 2020. He needs to keep the record straight for his next job.

Or he could be the next OC at Bama....

It won’t happen, but wouldn’t that be funny? Bama becomes a triple-option team, and suddenly 90% of the schools in college football adopt it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think one scout who might or might not have had a bad experience can hardly critique the welcome due all NFL scouts. At the same time we kind o see that churlish, pugnacious approach Johnson takes to everything.

It is amazing that the #NeverJohnsoners just cannot give up being churlish and pugnacious. Can’t we all just move on.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
It won’t happen, but wouldn’t that be funny? Bama becomes a triple-option team, and suddenly 90% of the schools in college football adopt it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"I saw what the Citadel did to us, and I figured with the talent I pull here I could win every championship for the next 4 years and rolled the dice a bit" -Nick Saban