NFL Scouts like the new hires

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
He should have let Nagy's comment slide by, no positives come from such a confrontation when we are rebranding, and doesn't do him any good either. Just my opinion.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If Nagy had a problem with CPJ in the past he should have taken it up with him one on one, not make a blanket statement years after the fact insinuating that GT was not "scout friendly". I have no problem with CPJ's response.

Right on Bishopbee! But I don’t understand your avatar - A “knight” without armour in a savage land.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
On the one hand I have no issue with CPJ challenging BS. But I think the 'bigger man' response would have been "I'm very sorry you feel like you didn't have access. I know that wasn't part of the standard we set. If you'd like to give me a call I'd be interested in understanding what happened. I'm always looking to get better." It then makes the scout look even more like a douchebag.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
You do know where Bishop, GA is don't you? There is no more savage land than here. :)

?
And Paladin is exactly the avatar for it! I used to really enjoy Have Gun, Will Travel when I was a kid.

For you whippersnappers around here, catch it on Hulu. I think they have the show up there.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
On the one hand I have no issue with CPJ challenging BS. But I think the 'bigger man' response would have been "I'm very sorry you feel like you didn't have access. I know that wasn't part of the standard we set. If you'd like to give me a call I'd be interested in understanding what happened. I'm always looking to get better." It then makes the scout look even more like a douchebag.
Except that what he said wasn't true. One of the things I really liked about Paul was that he always tried to set the record straight. The hangers-on in college football - media types, "scouts", and such - get used to being sucked up way to often these days. It's good to have at least a few coaches who don't do it.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
When you tell a man to step outside the bar, you better be ready for that man to step outside.

maxresdefault.jpg

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
One of the reasons Why I like CPJ, he doesn’t put up with BS. For those that think he should have let it go, If you are planning on coaching next year that is something you can’t let go. If that statement goes unchallenged then it will hurt his chance at getting the next job.

Milwaukee

Banned
He should have let Nagy's comment slide by, no positives come from such a confrontation when we are rebranding, and doesn't do him any good either. Just my opinion.

If you quit your job tomorrow and some *** clown starts talking **** about you, and what he's saying is straight up bs, then I'd like to see you give a damn about your employer's rebranding and not defend your name... Just my opinion.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
CPJ has a right to speak up for himself and is quite capable as you can see/read. This scouts comments, if not true, is a perfect example of what CPJ spoke directly to regarding the media at his "final press conference". He told them, the media then, that he had never had a issue prior to coming to Atlanta with the press like he had experienced with the bias media coverage he had gotten since his arrival at GT.
On a side not if I were Collins I wouldn't have "retweeted" the comments due to the negative comments about CPJ. I would have just reiterated a "open door policy" (as CPJ has said he had "never turned down an interview or backed down/away from questions") towards scouting/media.
On a completely another note it will be interesting to see how/if the high frequency of "tweeting" continues as Spring practice approaches and his ability to focus on tasks at hand/functions of the HC job and what his "social media policy" is for his players. I also wonder what kind of access to the media the coordinators and position coaches will have.