NFL Scouts like the new hires

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm glad CPJ retired/stepped down. I think it had gotten to the point where the relationship with GT could have gotten really bad. He chose to leave in a way that benefitted the school about as much as he could.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Paul Johnson is so insecure about his offense & the reputation it brings

He is insecure, but that guy is an asshat. During PJs time on the flats he had several NFL coaches at GT in camp. Not sure that most of that crap that's coming out now has much truth to it.

herb

Helluva Engineer
He is insecure, but that guy is an asshat. During PJs time on the flats he had several NFL coaches at GT in camp. Not sure that most of that crap that's coming out now has much truth to it.

The guy is a gigantic asshat, who based on his observation that Clemson’s talent is more on par with Notre Dame and significantly less than Alabama, isn’t very good at his job.

LibertyTurns

Banned
For as long as I’ve been a fan of the program former GT football players that went on to the NFL never seemed to come back around the program as much as I’ve noticed with other programs. It seemingly didn’t get any better under Johnson & possibly got worse. Why is that? I don’t think it was just a Johnson issue because I don’t really recall any support during Gailey, O’Leary, Ross or any other coach’s tenure. I used to attribute it to the old Tech Shaft.

Johnson didn’t seem to have this problem with former players at the Naval Academy. I served with a bunch of them. Comments on the board seem to indicate he had a good relationship at Ga Southern. Did Johnson suddenly become a different guy at GT or what else caused him not to develop the same rapport as he had other places?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This whole thing just looks stupid. This scout is a moron and shouldn’t have said what he said. PJ looks petty for responding.

PJ is one of the greatest offensive minds I’ve ever seen - a true football genius. PJ’s biggest issue wasn’t his offense or any tactical thing like that - it was his snarky attitude that doesn’t win advocates / friends. He’s paid too much money to not rise about the bulls**t and take the high road.
I think this whole thread is a mountain out of a mole hill.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Per the other site, that dude is mad because CPJ did not recruit his son. Maybe y’all can get can get in contact and “alpha” together lmao.
Milwaukee’s favorite cereal:
alphabits.png

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
This whole thing just looks stupid. This scout is a moron and shouldn’t have said what he said. PJ looks petty for responding.

PJ is one of the greatest offensive minds I’ve ever seen - a true football genius. PJ’s biggest issue wasn’t his offense or any tactical thing like that - it was his snarky attitude that doesn’t win advocates / friends. He’s paid too much money to not rise about the bulls**t and take the high road.

I would disagree that a person who has been publicly kicked in the nads looks petty responding to it. If Nagy had said something like "I think Paul Johnson's system wasn't fun to watch" then absolutely CPJ would look petty responding to something silly like that. But Nagy clearly impugned CPJs reputation. That was uncalled for. And it was totally fair for CPJ to respond. If Mr Nagy had said something like "Congrats...blah blah blah... I look forward to spending time at GT and think you guys are going to do a great job" or anything like that then that would have been fine. And professional. But if Nagy worked for me I'd have reprimanded him for taking a personal shot at a respected football coach that was uncalled for.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What hurts his chances in this regard is that the opinion of an NFL scout was that GT was not a scout friendly visit. Johnson didn't provide anything that refuted that. Had he pointed to other scouts that would have had different opinions then sure. But he didn't. His comment about not remembering the guy only plays into the idea of limited access to coaches being an issue and his denials wouldn't really convince employers not to look into it. That being said in this regard I highly doubt this matters. Future employers would probably more concerned with Johnson being able to satisfy them that he can field a competent defense to go with his offense, and probably a dozen other issues, before being a scout friendly visit.

To me, the main reason I think he should have let it go is that the account he is on is still officially affiliated with GT. His use of it should still be entirely to the benefit of GT, and I don't believe his response was that because at the core, Nagy's tweet was a positive one for GT building hype for the new staff from an outside source which we need. Now he is free to respond of course, but he should have done it from a personal twitter, not the one described as "Official Twitter for @GeorgiaTechFB" . I also believe that if he is a fan of GT, as he said he always would be, he could overlook a very minor slight in a post that was overall positive for the program.

Our officially affiliated account for our coach used the handle @CoachPCJ? Jesus Christ no wonder we sucked at recruiting... people probably @ing the wrong guy all this time.

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
Our officially affiliated account for our coach used the handle @CoachPCJ? Jesus Christ no wonder we sucked at recruiting... people probably @ing the wrong guy all this time.

Until four hours ago he was @GTPaulJohnson...

People were just bitching earlier that they wanted him to change his Twitter and his twitter bio..