NFL Scouts like the new hires

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I also don't think CPJ will spend a majority of his time playing golf in 2020. He needs to keep the record straight for his next job.

Or he could be the next OC at Bama....

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
One of the reasons Why I like CPJ, he doesn’t put up with BS. For those that think he should have let it go, If you are planning on coaching next year that is something you can’t let go. If that statement goes unchallenged then it will hurt his chance at getting the next job.

What hurts his chances in this regard is that the opinion of an NFL scout was that GT was not a scout friendly visit. Johnson didn't provide anything that refuted that. Had he pointed to other scouts that would have had different opinions then sure. But he didn't. His comment about not remembering the guy only plays into the idea of limited access to coaches being an issue and his denials wouldn't really convince employers not to look into it. That being said in this regard I highly doubt this matters. Future employers would probably more concerned with Johnson being able to satisfy them that he can field a competent defense to go with his offense, and probably a dozen other issues, before being a scout friendly visit.

To me, the main reason I think he should have let it go is that the account he is on is still officially affiliated with GT. His use of it should still be entirely to the benefit of GT, and I don't believe his response was that because at the core, Nagy's tweet was a positive one for GT building hype for the new staff from an outside source which we need. Now he is free to respond of course, but he should have done it from a personal twitter, not the one described as "Official Twitter for @GeorgiaTechFB" . I also believe that if he is a fan of GT, as he said he always would be, he could overlook a very minor slight in a post that was overall positive for the program.

Milwaukee

Banned
What hurts his chances in this regard is that the opinion of an NFL scout was that GT was not a scout friendly visit. Johnson didn't provide anything that refuted that. Had he pointed to other scouts that would have had different opinions then sure. But he didn't. His comment about not remembering the guy only plays into the idea of limited access to coaches being an issue and his denials wouldn't really convince employers not to look into it. That being said in this regard I highly doubt this matters. Future employers would probably more concerned with Johnson being able to satisfy them that he can field a competent defense to go with his offense, and probably a dozen other issues, before being a scout friendly visit.

To me, the main reason I think he should have let it go is that the account he is on is still officially affiliated with GT. His use of it should still be entirely to the benefit of GT, and I don't believe his response was that because at the core, Nagy's tweet was a positive one for GT building hype for the new staff from an outside source which we need. Now he is free to respond of course, but he should have done it from a personal twitter, not the one described as "Official Twitter for @GeorgiaTechFB" . I also believe that if he is a fan of GT, as he said he always would be, he could overlook a very minor slight in a post that was overall positive for the program.

Get a grip.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Suddes (not Collins) did not retweet the comments. He simply replied.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"
Collins retweet Suddes comment. I don’t know if I would have committed or retweeted the comment. The last coach wasn’t fired so I don’t think I would have commented on shot at the old coach.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
On the one hand I have no issue with CPJ challenging BS. But I think the 'bigger man' response would have been "I'm very sorry you feel like you didn't have access. I know that wasn't part of the standard we set. If you'd like to give me a call I'd be interested in understanding what happened. I'm always looking to get better." It then makes the scout look even more like a douchebag.
This might be the softest statement I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something. Reads like a customer service script at Belk.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Collins retweet Suddes comment. I don’t know if I would have committed or retweeted the comment. The last coach wasn’t fired so I don’t think I would have commented on shot at the old coach.

I did see that later. I definitely don't blame Suddes for replying given the way he did without acknowledging the CPJ knock in any way.

Collins possibly shouldnt've retweeted Suddes reply, but I believe he was focused on the substance of Suddes' tweet not Nagy's.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
...but I believe he was focused on the substance of Suddes' tweet not Nagy's
Based on Coach Collins’ tweeting habits so far, I’d guarantee this was the scenario. Focusing on the positive message from Suddes.

At the same time, good on Coach Johnson! That was his most [fire emoji] tweet since he called out Alex Trebek for saying “heckuva” instead of “helluva” when he referenced Ramblin’ Wreck. And this exchange was even more [fire emoji]. I’m proud of him for working the twitter machine to dunk on the “scout.”

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
This whole thing just looks stupid. This scout is a moron and shouldn’t have said what he said. PJ looks petty for responding.

PJ is one of the greatest offensive minds I’ve ever seen - a true football genius. PJ’s biggest issue wasn’t his offense or any tactical thing like that - it was his snarky attitude that doesn’t win advocates / friends. He’s paid too much money to not rise about the bulls**t and take the high road.

Animal02

Banned
This whole thing just looks stupid. This scout is a moron and shouldn’t have said what he said. PJ looks petty for responding.

PJ is one of the greatest offensive minds I’ve ever seen - a true football genius. PJ’s biggest issue wasn’t his offense or any tactical thing like that - it was his snarky attitude that doesn’t win advocates / friends. He’s paid too much money to not rise about the bulls**t and take the high road.
He is no longer getting paid. His snarkiness is on the house now. ;)

LibertyTurns

Banned
If Nagy wants to take a cheap shot at Paul Johnson in public then Paul Johnson has every right to defend himself in a public forum.
The PC agenda only works when the people the media wants to control stays silent. Assbags like this guy that does nothing but spew the “accepted narrative”, ie playing in the SEC is like playing in the NFL need to be smoked in public at every opportunity.

He was a substandard talent evaluator, most likely convinced his bosses to wave off on Shaq because he came from the leper colony of offenses, and got caught like many looking like a complete idiot. I’m sure this wasn’t his only major whiff. He later posts a bunch of drivel about how Bammer is so much more physical & talented than anyone else out there. He alleged Norte Dame & Michigan were the only teams sniffing at Bammer’s rump & Clemson was somehow in some sort of 3rd tier of ranked teams not even in the same universe of the massively talented Crimson Tide.

Well they laced them up & one team looked like the other’s *****. It wasn’t Clemson. Not what this assbag predicted, not even close. He’s not a talent evaluator & he’s not even at the level of a moderately educated college football fan. If he was he would never had puked out that garbage.

Kick him again Paul before he gets back up!