NFL Draft

Techster

Helluva Engineer
OH, I totally agree with you, but I thought, since Smelter is still recovering from his injury, that Waller was expected to go sooner in the draft. That is why I find it surprising.

I wrote it in another thread about Waller...what GT fans tend to overlook with Waller and his measurable is that there are other WRs with similar/same measurables that are more productive and more polished. Why pick a project when there's another player you can pick that you don't have to spend time developing that you would with Waller?

That said, I really hope he gets drafted because that's nothing but good for GT.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
If you wanna play that game then here is this

- Trey Flowers flipped from GT to Arkansas

- Alvin "Bud" Dupree took a OV to Georgia Tech in late January and wanted to come here bad...Al Groh didn't like him and passed on him. Didn't get a offer during his OV and left on Saturday and went to Kentucky for a OV...rest is history.

- Dalvin Tomlinson was also very close to becoming a Jacket...he didn't have a real offer from Bama until very late.

My head just exploded thinking about Al Groh again.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Quinn must be drafting, instead of TD because they are actually picking good players!
I keep telling people TD wasn't allowed to have as much opinion in the past drafts. I think smith had a lot to say and blank wanted to have his hands in things a little to much. When it was polio and TD in New England they won 3 Super Bowls, you don't just forget how to draft. A lot of picks were also good that just didn't pan out, because the part of coaching them up wasn't good or they werent used to their strengths. Quinn does have a lot of say of course, but I just don't think TD was that bad.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I'd be more worried about Kaepernick's ability to get the ball to him.

Oh please. Kaepernick's fine. He's got some stuff to work on but the amount of **** he gets is ridiculous. Our receivers and O-line deserve just as much if not more of the blame for his struggles last year. Not to mention our offensive system has been a train wreck the past couple years and that's more to blame for our offensive woes more than any one player or unit.

EDIT: And our ability to draft and develop WRs from within speaks for itself. It's terrible. Don't know if it's the identification of talent or coaching but man we haven't had it. Hopefully it's the latter and the new WR coach will pay dividends.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Oh please. Kaepernick's fine. He's got some stuff to work on but the amount of **** he gets is ridiculous. Our receivers and O-line deserve just as much if not more of the blame for his struggles last year. Not to mention our offensive system has been a train wreck the past couple years and that's more to blame for our offensive woes more than any one player or unit.

When the 49ers went away from what made Kaepernick "Kaepernick"...running a little read option to keep the outside defenders honest, he struggled a lot with more complex and tighter coverages. That's not an opinion, that's what happened. There's a reason he spent the offseason working on his touch and accuracy.

Read this:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/4/...ffseason-workouts-must-lead-to-improvement-on

Notice in those gifs there is no pressure on him...he's missing throws NFL level QBs should make with that kind of time.

I'm not a 49ers fan, but I was a fan of what Harbaugh did with him earlier in Kaep's career. Not sure why they went away from it.

Let me also add...going to be interesting to see his development now that Jim "the QB whisperer" Harbaugh is no longer there. Kaepernick voiced how grateful he was for Harbaugh's tuteledge when JH left. That's another interesting angle to next season...how Kaepernick plays without Harbaugh.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Dang...just reading that Grady Jarrett's house caught on fire last night.

At least he got good news of being drafted today.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Is the reciever from ECU good? Don't know much about him but seems like they could of gone after Diggs later and used that pick on someone else. Still worried about the oline

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Is the reciever from ECU good? Don't know much about him but seems like they could of gone after Diggs later and used that pick on someone else. Still worried about the oline
He has had over 100 catches the past two seasons. Runs good routes, very very good hands, and for his size can go up and fight for the ball. He's our next Douglas, it was a great pickup.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

VERY good. With Roddy and Julio on the outside, he's going to eat the defense lunch down the seams and in the flats. Not a burner, but the comparison the draft guys like to make is Wes Welker. Just a great security blanket to have to complement our stud WRs on the outside.

He's going to be a better slot guy than Harry Douglas was in year or two.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
If you wanna play that game then here is this

- Trey Flowers flipped from GT to Arkansas

- Alvin "Bud" Dupree took a OV to Georgia Tech in late January and wanted to come here bad...Al Groh didn't like him and passed on him. Didn't get a offer during his OV and left on Saturday and went to Kentucky for a OV...rest is history.

- Dalvin Tomlinson was also very close to becoming a Jacket...he didn't have a real offer from Bama until very late.
Ahhhhh this gives me all the sadz. Grandpa Groh shiiiiiii

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
having Deandre going to the miners in the 4th just puts a smile on my face. Deandre's and Snoddy's injuries were about the only real negatives last year.