NFL Draft

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting that the Ravens drafted a WR in 1st round as well. They must have really thought Waller had a lot of value to go for another WR.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
They also drafted two TEs:
Round 1, Breshad Perriman WR 6'2" 212 Central Florida
Round 2, Maxx Williams TE 6'4" 249 Minnesota
Round 5, Nick Boyle TE 6'4" 268 Delaware
Round 6, Darren Waller WR 6'6" 238 Georgia Tech

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Waller is a perfect fit for Falco (that's on purpose). It's not like they'll run the ball with Moron Trestman there. He needs someone to throw to from the 1 yard line since you obviously can't run from there.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
They also drafted two TEs:
Round 1, Breshad Perriman WR 6'2" 212 Central Florida
Round 2, Maxx Williams TE 6'4" 249 Minnesota
Round 5, Nick Boyle TE 6'4" 268 Delaware
Round 6, Darren Waller WR 6'6" 238 Georgia Tech

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Darren is going to be competing with all those guys.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Take that, Cutcliffe ! That makes four wide receivers that CPJ put in the league.
am I wrong or didn't a GT wideout sign with the Falcons? Can't remember his name but an ace receiver in HS and accepted a much reduced role at Tech. On the other side, I don't recall even one Duke receiver there, including the ACC reception record guy of a couple of years back. The truth nobody ever talks about is that while Cutcliffe has two Mannings in the NFL, he has nobody else. And who goes wrong with the Mannings?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
am I wrong or didn't a GT wideout sign with the Falcons? Can't remember his name but an ace receiver in HS and accepted a much reduced role at Tech. On the other side, I don't recall even one Duke receiver there, including the ACC reception record guy of a couple of years back. The truth nobody ever talks about is that while Cutcliffe has two Mannings in the NFL, he has nobody else. And who goes wrong with the Mannings?

Are you thinking of Kevin Cone?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
He wasn't ace in HS. He started college at Shorter.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You know who should happier than a pig in mud? Christian Philpott, Harland Howell, Brad Stewart, Ricky Jeune, Michael Summers, Antonio Messick.

Seriously, they picked the right school if they wanted a good chance at the next level. Other coaches can talk crap about not getting a ton of catches, and having to block...but there is no room to talk about not having a chance at the NFL playing WR in our offense. If you start for GT as a WR, odds are good you're going to the next level.

How crazy would this scenario have been 8 years ago when CPJ came here? The position everyone thought would be hurt the most ends up being the bell cow for players drafted.