Next year?

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Did you not pay attention to what happened this past off-season to our D-line?
And not to mention that good defensive tackles that are academically qualified is one of the smallest group of players in the entire nation? Just look at how few of these are listed by the recruiting blogs each year compared to every other position.

But I fully expect us to be much better next year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It appears that 2 true FR DT will be needed to play. They will need to hit the deck running!

Henderson is coming in EE. Glanton won't be here till fall and so will probably get RS unless really needed.

@ DT Gotsis, Kallon and Gamble should be able to hold down the fort with Henderson. Time will tell.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Henderson is coming in EE. Glanton won't be here till fall and so will probably get RS unless really needed.

@ DT Gotsis, Kallon and Gamble should be able to hold down the fort with Henderson. Time will tell.
And maybe JHD...not sure if he will play DE or DT.

Dave.S

Jolly Good Fellow
Eric, thanks for the insight. Bruce, you have hit the nail on the head without even saying it. We could be a better team next year without the record indicating it. Looking forward to see what the new skill position players do, there are certainly going to be a lot of new faces ......

With all the new faces next year it will be interesting to see how the chemistry of the team comes together. As some have posted we probably make the preseason Top 25 and will have targets on on backs for sure. I just hope we keep our focus early and play well as favorites.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Our defense will probably be better next year.

On offense quarterback and OL will probably be better. We lose Smelter, Waller, and Dennis at wide receiver. At running back we will have Snoddy and Andrews at A Back, but no one with experience at B Back. We will have a lot of holds to fill on offense. Some young RBs and WRs will need to step up.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
We are really going to miss blocking by all the a backs who have been here awhile. They did a great job this year setting the edge

Bostic's been here the longest at a-back right? Kinda disproves your stated concern.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Bostic's been here the longest at a-back right? Kinda disproves your stated concern.
Lol yeah point out one player that missed a key block in last nights game. There are exceptions all the time.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Who knows what our record will be? No telling. But I think we were a very good team this year and have a good chance of being even better next year. Nice feeling to have. Still one tough game ahead...hope we close this season out in style.

So what? It's not like he doesn't know that or hasn't tried to address it during those years. We just had a ton of attrition there less than a year ago. Nobody needs to "light a fire" under anyone's ***.
So you was fine with the way the defense line played last night ? Go back and watch the tape which I have already(twice). If we want tech to get the national attention we have to improve in that category. Not going to argue with some of you guys. Your upset with another tech fan because he truthfully expressed an area on the defense that is a tad bit below average? My post was not to critize but to just point out the difference in why we haven't beaten those guys the last two times we played them.

So what? It's not like he doesn't know that or hasn't tried to address it during those years. We just had a ton of attrition there less than a year ago. Nobody needs to "light a fire" under anyone's ***.
And who's fought is it when those attrition occur ? Want me to answer that for you ? The way I look at things is, whoever is being awarded the wins(last time I checked it was the head coach) is the one responsible for every aspect of a team and the teams problems.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
And who's fought is it when those attrition occur ? Want me to answer that for you ? The way I look at things is, whoever is being awarded the wins(last time I checked it was the head coach) is the one responsible for every aspect of a team and the teams problems.

I agree that the HC owns the product, but you do leave out one important element, GTAA only gave Johnson money for one extra payroll person for recruiting. By comparison, UGA has had 7 for years.

GTAA tried to skimp by pinching pennies. To Bobinski's credit he has increased the staff to three. We await the word on a fourth.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
We will not have the luxury of many "easy" games next year. Games where you can play poorly and still win big. It is tough having big games one after the other.