Next year?

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like it could be special. Who are our key losses, and who do you think steps up? I know we lose Mason, but gain some depth on the d-line. Thoughts?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Off the top of my head on O we lose:
Bostic
Waller
Smelter
Mason
Perkins
Hill
Days
Laskey
Connors

On D
Johnson
Nealy
Gamble
Stargel

... I haven't really thought about breakout players yet.

thwgjacket

Bostic
Waller
Smelter
Mason
Perkins
Hill
Days
Laskey
Connors

On D
Johnson
Nealy
Gamble
Stargel

You're thinking of Green. Gamble is only a sophomore. Did Stargel play tonight? I know Gamble started.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Bostic
Waller
Smelter
Mason
Perkins
Hill
Days
Laskey
Connors

On D
Johnson
Nealy
Gamble
Stargel

Both Gamble and Stargel will be back. But we also lose Golden on defense

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Bostic
Waller
Smelter
Mason
Perkins
Hill
Days
Laskey
Connors

On D
Johnson
Nealy
Gamble
Stargelp

Ok I love this team. They play with so much heart...but we could honestly be 8-4 right now..this team has shown an incredibly amount of resiliency..and they don't knows how to quit and that's the difference between winning and losing.. I really like the talent coming in, especially with JT growing into the offense even more..i think we should be favored to win the ACC next year with a healthy JT.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Our D really got pushed around last night. With some help up front, we can get much better on D. We were out weighed like 50lbs. across the front.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
We have a brutal schedule next year. We may have a better team but it will be tough to get to 10 wins again. We play FSU, UGA, VT at home and really tough road games at Clemson, Miami, and ND.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Anybody remember Golden's near pick in the endzone in the 4th qtr? That would have been huge.

Yeah. That's where Crablegs was scrambling left out of the pocket from pressure. We almost got the sack, but he avoided the tackle and threw it back across to the right. If we had picked the tipped ball and robbed them of 3 points....

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
We have a brutal schedule next year. We may have a better team but it will be tough to get to 10 wins again. We play FSU, UGA, VT at home and really tough road games at Clemson, Miami, and ND.

Why do you think this harder than this year's schedule? As you point out GA, VT and FSU at home. FSU? without Winston and 3/4 of that great O line, VT? please, unless Beamer pulls something magical out of his arse they're a serious train wreck, GA? Lets see, new QB, new WRs and a D that Tech torched this year. Road games? clemspon? loses almost all it's D line and LBs, Miami will be a bear but again loses D. Johnson and some of their O line and D losses, ND? again they lose the starting OB and wound up 7-5 this year.

I've seen some other folks say this about the 15' schedule but in reality it isn't much different than this year and we know how this season is going ;)

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
None of these teams scare me. Notre Dame is consistently the most over-rated team in the country and F$U loses Winston in all likelihood. Yes we lose Shaq but i think O-line will be just as good and maybe better. D-line will be better for sure.

Our defense line has to improve greatly. After watching last night game is just brought my mind back to reality on how bad we have been in that group over the years. Someone needs to light a fire in Cpj butt for not having a handful of extra guys that weigh more than 275. This is where the top teams seperate themselves from the rest of the country. Championship teams start with the war in the trenches.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Our defense line has to improve greatly. After watching last night game is just brought my mind back to reality on how bad we have been in that group over the years. Someone needs to light a fire in Cpj butt for not having a handful of extra guys that weigh more than 275. This is where the top teams seperate themselves from the rest of the country. Championship teams start with the war in the trenches.
Did you not pay attention to what happened this past off-season to our D-line?