Next Up - Revenge - Hopefully Sweet

At the risk of looking like Nostradamus, prepare yourself if we lose this game which I hope we don’t for Pastner to add another track to his greatest hits albums of excuses titled we didn’t have our best player Devoe. I’m tired of the same of song and dance routine masked with a different track name. He promised us a tournament team and we are no where close to that. We’ll be lucky to make the NIT. #Time4Change

bos

Helluva Engineer
It's difficult to win games like this when Banks and Wright both get in foul trouble. Mooney had himself a day.

Devoe being out really hurt the team in this one. Khalid Moore was hard to watch. How has he regressed so much?

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Out shot by a ton from the FT line.
Out shot by a ton from the 3 point line.
Impossible to win like that.

We still haven’t won 2 games in a row in 2 months (I don’t count Morehouse). I look forward to reading about how we are playing good basketball.

It's difficult to win games like this when Banks and Wright both get in foul trouble. Mooney had himself a day.

Devoe being out really hurt the team in this one. Khalid Moore was hard to watch. How has he regressed so much?

Great question about Moore. He honesty didn’t get a lot of PT this year, yet we gave Bubba ample PT. I think that is a question Pastner needs to answer, but our soft beat writers probably won’t ask that question if we are being honest with ourselves.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
At the risk of looking like Nostradamus, prepare yourself if we lose this game which I hope we don’t for Pastner to add another track to his greatest hits albums of excuses titled we didn’t have our best player Devoe. I’m tired of the same of song and dance routine masked with a different track name. He promised us a tournament team and we are no where close to that. We’ll be lucky to make the NIT. #Time4Change
Surely they don’t let teams with losing records into the NIT do they?

Deleted member 2897

Sad.

I feel bad for Pastner, but when over a period of years you always have a problem with missing your top players, something is wrong.

Only 5 turnovers and obliterated them on rebounds, resulting in 20 more FG attempts. This is a game we should have won by 15-18 points.

Sad.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Out shot by a ton from the FT line.
Out shot by a ton from the 3 point line.
Impossible to win like that.

We still haven’t won 2 games in a row in 2 months (I don’t count Morehouse). I look forward to reading about how we are playing good basketball.

Pastner and his antiquated offense give us very little hope. Can’t wait for the excuses

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
Surely they don’t let teams with losing records into the NIT do they?

The NIT is a pipe dream at this point. Not sure how people can continue to give the staff a pass...At some point we have to elevate our standards or we will continue to watch our team lose (and get swept by the way) to mediocre teams like the ND team we played today.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Wing play was beyond pathetic in this game. It shouldn’t be this hard to find guys who can make 2 three pointers in a game.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
The NIT is a pipe dream at this point. Not sure how people can continue to give the staff a pass...At some point we have to elevate our standards or we will continue to watch our team lose (and get swept by the way) to mediocre teams like the ND team we played today.

As we keep saying, the appeal needs to be dropped now if possible. GT might have to win out from here to make tourney. Pastner has underachieved something awful this year.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
There is really one stat that stands out to me when I look at the box score. We had 22 fouls and ND only had 9. How the hell can that happen? Especially when ND shot more 3s than us.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
You don't drop the appeal. You continue to deny deny deny. It's the only way to win against the NCAA

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
You don't drop the appeal. You continue to deny deny deny. It's the only way to win against the NCAA

And then lose everyone to transfer and basically have the death penalty for next few years. The ban has no chance of being overturned, but Pastner used the appeal because they thought this team could make a run. Like always, he was wrong.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

There's a difference between giving this staff a pass and understanding the harsh realities of the GTAA's finances.

I like Pastner. Seems like a good dude. Kids appear to love him.

His coaching has been better than expected, his recruiting way less than expected.

Some weird **** has happened on his watch.

I wish things could have worked out differently to date.

Would love to see some sort of turnaround, but I don't think he's the long term solution.

I feel pretty confident he'll be our coach next season because we shouldn't get ourselves further in the hole with buyouts until we are ready to make a real commitment to basketball. Maybe that plan is being worked on, but it shouldn't be set in motion until football is fully taken care of.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

We actually can drop the appeal.

The appeal is not whether the violations happened or not. The appeal is to contest the severity of the penalties rendered.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
There is really one stat that stands out to me when I look at the box score. We had 22 fouls and ND only had 9. How the hell can that happen? Especially when ND shot more 3s than us.

Because the refs were afraid that Brey would go off on a tirade again if they called a foul on anyone.