Next Up - Revenge - Hopefully Sweet

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Next year is the make or break year. Who comes back and how well the freshmen can play. We may lose some to transfer or leave early (only Devoe is a possible). I hope they all stay. No one on this team is really a draft pick. This has been a frustrating year. Jose has been really good the last few games.

this year was the make or break year. We aren’t more talented next season without Banks. It’s just a money issue at this point. If you’re 10-12 in year 4 with your most talented roster to date, you’re not the answer.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
this year was the make or break year. We aren’t more talented next season without Banks. It’s just a money issue at this point. If you’re 10-12 in year 4 with your most talented roster to date, you’re not the answer.

Don’t forget the ACC sucks this year. I’m sure it will be better next season.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have my own thoughts on what needs to be done but i'll echo what a couple of others have said.

A change should not be made just to make a change as you are as likely to be in worse shape than better.
If you want to make a change, you should have a plan and the means to execute that plan. if you do, then execute it, if not then you wait until you can execute it.

My gut is right now GT doesn't have the means to execute the change it likely wants to make - both due to internal factors (funding), and external factors (recruiting restrictions).

You're going to have a really hard time attracting a coach if you aren't willing to step up and give them the means to be successful and if they feel they are going to have to go in with one hand tied behind their back.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I have my own thoughts on what needs to be done but i'll echo what a couple of others have said.

A change should not be made just to make a change as you are as likely to be in worse shape than better.
If you want to make a change, you should have a plan and the means to execute that plan. if you do, then execute it, if not then you wait until you can execute it.

My gut is right now GT doesn't have the means to execute the change it likely wants to make - both due to internal factors (funding), and external factors (recruiting restrictions).

You're going to have a really hard time attracting a coach if you aren't willing to step up and give them the means to be successful and if they feel they are going to have to go in with one hand tied behind their back.
I’d really love to read your own thoughts about what you think needs to be done.

Deleted member 2897

To get an idea of how much missed time we’ve had, look at our player stats. If you add up the per-game scoring for everyone, it’s 85 points per game. But we only average 67. Crazy. That’s the equivalence of almost 1.5 starters per game out across the entire season.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
To get an idea of how much missed time we’ve had, look at our player stats. If you add up the per-game scoring for everyone, it’s 85 points per game. But we only average 67. Crazy. That’s the equivalence of almost 1.5 starters per game out across the entire season.

And the record with Jose and Devoe? I’ll let you look it up. You need it

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

100%. until you’re ready to be an ACC team, just be bad.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Given the roster, this IS the most painful season in Pastner regime. We're 10-12, and again, only play 7 guys. "Definition of insanity ", right? I REALLY wish Pastner could be successful, but year 4 — SO FAR — is very telling. However, he deserves ALL of year 4 to make it happen, but the W/L trend is not encouraging. We just cannot find or DEVELOP knock down shooters — what the hell, there was SO MUCH TALK from Pastner about the NOAH SHOOTING SYSTEM the program invested serious $ into... holy crap, imagine what our 3pt/perimeter % would be like if we didn't have the NOAH system!

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Surprising it was up to Devoe to play and he didn’t play. I am still snake bitten with the Robert Carter Jr transfer. I really hope Devoe doesn’t leave.

GTsports1819

Georgia Tech Fan
Reading this board after a loss makes me want to drink heavily...somebody pass the bottle, there some really miserable SOB’s floating around here.

Honestly not trying to troll you about this. But what did you expect to see on here after a tough loss to an average team? I agree that the negativity can be rough, but we are in fact 10-12 when a lot of us had expectations of being a bubble team.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly not trying to troll you about this. But what did you expect to see on here after a tough loss to an average team? I agree that the negativity can be rough, but we are in fact 10-12 when a lot of us had expectations of being a bubble team.

You’re right, why did I even bother coming here? The number of people participating on this board has dwindled to near nothing for a reason. I should have known that the 5 of you (Pea ain’t one of you) were going to pull out the same ole rinse, repeat argument after the L. Ya’ll do your thang..lol.

I’ll pose the same question to you? What did you expect when one of our top two players and a guy avg. 16 ppg is on the shelf? Not a team in the league absorbs that loss and doesn’t sputter somewhat.

As much as I want him to succeed, I also don’t think he’s the long term answer, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to whine like a 2 year old whose toy just got taken away either after a road loss. Especially when the refs give them 28 free throws when they’re mostly shooting threes.

slugboy

Staff member
I didn't see the game but today it wasn't turnovers. They shot 28 FT to our 12. Were we fouling that much or was there some home cooking going on. That difference is just way off.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but we were fouling a good bit. It wasn’t flagrant stuff; it was getting some arm while you’re going for a block stuff. I’m not upset at the players because it looked like “fouls of effort” where you’re just trying to play good defense and sometimes you make more contact than you were hoping to.
I’ve seen games like GT/Clemson where the refs allowed more contact, but if the refs are consistent (and they seemed to be pretty consistent), you gotta roll with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but we were fouling a good bit. It wasn’t flagrant stuff; it was getting some arm while you’re going for a block stuff. I’m not upset at the players because it looked like “fouls of effort” where you’re just trying to play good defense and sometimes you make more contact than you were hoping to.
I’ve seen games like GT/Clemson where the refs allowed more contact, but if the refs are consistent (and they seemed to be pretty consistent), you gotta roll with it.

My problem wasn’t the fouls called against us, it was the fact that we played most of the game in the lane, and the refs swallowed their whistles. I don’t think that was the sole difference in the game, it was their ability to shoot the 3 vs our inability, but they were allowing their D to play more physical against us.

slugboy

Staff member
My problem wasn’t the fouls called against us, it was the fact that we played most of the game in the lane, and the refs swallowed their whistles. I don’t think that was the sole difference in the game, it was their ability to shoot the 3 vs our inability, but they were allowing their D to play more physical against us.

We had open outside shots, but we just weren’t hitting them. I’d agree that was more of the story of the game.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Both of our games against ND were frustrating losses. We let Mooney out effort us both times IMO. Those were two games we had to win, but couldn’t get it done. In fact, we aren’t very good at winning must win games (or winning at all for that matter).

Frustrating for sure. Another poster put it well...most talented roster during a down year in the league and we have the worst record we’ve had under Pastner. Let’s get past the financial issues and the probation stuff and find us a better alternative in three years.