Next up Ga Tech

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Dude, the list of high level QBs from GA who never even considered us or put us in the conversation the last 10 years is ridiculous.

Hell, Clemson's has 2 4 star BACKUP QBs that are from GA, not including Trevor Lawrence. Then of course, there was Deshaun Watson as well.

I realize that, I'm just talking in general terms ... and I think we have a chance with CGC to turn that around some.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I would rather play Clemson the very 1st game. Thursday night game, national TV, First ACC network game. Clemson will not know much about our O and our guys will be pumped. Ibelieve we can hang with them for the 1st half, after that, I have no responsibility for what happens!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I realize that, I'm just talking in general terms ... and I think we have a chance with CGC to turn that around some.

Oh, I was just making a general comment about the GA QBs leaving the state.

IMO, GT should always be in the top 5 of the top level QBs in the state. We may not get them, but should at least be in the conversation if GT is targeting them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Both the ga tech and Clemson dl will be way down due to graduation.

Can some of the wordsmiths spin that in a good way? I was thinking to use percentage change.

How bout each dl man from Clemson had butt was twice the size as our dl man there for they are dropping twice as much.?

Actually our ol can do NOT BAD against the new group. This was a once in a generation dl. Glad we played them.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Both the ga tech and Clemson dl will be way down due to graduation.

Can some of the wordsmiths spin that in a good way? I was thinking to use percentage change.

How bout each dl man from Clemson had butt was twice the size as our dl man there for they are dropping twice as much.?

Actually our ol can do NOT BAD against the new group. This was a once in a generation dl. Glad we played them.
Clemson will be strong again they only lose 4 starters on offense and 4 on defense

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't believe you people are thinking about Clemson, when our third game of the season will be one of those horrible chop-blocking "high school offense" option teams -- The Citadel. Yep, the little team that played 'Bama to a first-half 10-10 tie back in November. We probably won't have any first-team defenders who can walk after that game. ;)

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious how much of our offense will be new enough to give BV problems preparing, forcing a vanilla defense (which will likely be enough.) Or will they just use the Temple and Coast Carolina tape to get close enough knowing what we are likely to do with the talent? How much will we publically show in the Spring practices?

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Thought the same thing last night. However, I think the Dabo backed off the throttle against us.

Dabo backed off the throttle on Bama too. Having said that, GT wasn't a very good football team last year. The vitriol thrown at CPJ for not being competitive against Clemson was probably a bit over the top though.

Doesn't matter that's done. Here's to Collins taking it to them.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I'm curious how much of our offense will be new enough to give BV problems preparing, forcing a vanilla defense (which will likely be enough.) Or will they just use the Temple and Coast Carolina tape to get close enough knowing what we are likely to do with the talent? How much will we publically show in the Spring practices?
If Patenaude brings his offense, there will be nothing interesting to prepare for. It will be about whether or not we execute against their team. There is nothing wrong with the offense he ran at Coastal Carolina or Temple, but it is nothing that will cause DCs to scratch their head over.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
If Patenaude brings his offense, there will be nothing interesting to prepare for. It will be about whether or not we execute against their team. There is nothing wrong with the offense he ran at Coastal Carolina or Temple, but it is nothing that will cause DCs to scratch their head over.

You may be right. But I bet Saban is scratching his head tonight about Clemson’s offense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
What is it about Clemson's offense that was to special? It's about how well you run it and what combinations you put together in terms of play calling and formations. Pretty much every team in the NCAA has similar packages, it's about execution and confusing them with movement and route and blocking combinations.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
What is it about Clemson's offense that was to special? It's about how well you run it and what combinations you put together in terms of play calling and formations. Pretty much every team in the NCAA has similar packages, it's about execution and confusing them with movement and route and blocking combinations.
And having the Jimmies and Joe's to overcome and be able to execute.