Next up Ga Tech

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like a good rating system to me - if you're rated as the single best player in the last 5 years, you get another star.
That wouldn’t work. If you used that, every player u(sic)ga signed would get another star because if you listen to the mutt fans, every player they sign is the single best player in the past 5 years.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think playing them first is probably the best scenario, to the extent it even matters when we play them. Maybe our team will come out full of juice and they will have a championship hangover. We'll be facing no pressure in that game because there are no expectations.
I hope the word “juice” doesn’t become the biggest running joke line in the ACC next season.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
We were like 1 play away from playing 3 of the CFP teams in our 2020 schedule. Wouldn’t have taken much to have had all 4. Our schedule the next couple years is a gauntlet.

how were we one play away from playing Notre Dame and Alabama?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
No one can deny that the Clemson OL and DL dominated. But those WRs made some amazing catches that, had they not made them, may have led to a different outcome, or at least a different point differential than the one we got. I thought more than once that I was looking at 3 Calvin Johnsons on the field at the same time.

Unreal catches. But meaningless without the boys up front. Even with a tad lesser wr guys get open; and the run game kept em honest.

I agree. One dude was calvin like all night. Imo clemson that night wins that game even if it was 4 renfrows etc....

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
I think bwelbo meant Ugag was one play away from making the playoff this year, which would have included Ugag, Clemson, and Notre Dame, all of which we play in 2020.

oh sorry - I didn't know bwelbo was a ugag fan. he said "we" so I thought he was talking about us.