Next up Ga Tech

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
20190107_231651.png

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Ross, Higgins and Kendrick, all 5 star WR recruits. Got another 5 star WR and a high 4 star signed. And that 5 star QB.

Deleted member 2897

We were like 1 play away from playing 3 of the CFP teams in our 2020 schedule. Wouldn’t have taken much to have had all 4. Our schedule the next couple years is a gauntlet.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Ross, Higgins and Kendrick, all 5 star WR recruits. Got another 5 star WR and a high 4 star signed. And that 5 star QB.
thats true, and all cute, but its all about that DL and OL manhandling bama up front. They didn't get pressure etc....And that is without their best DL

We need to start building our lines ASAP. Unfortunately this isn't the class to do it.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
thats true, and all cute, but its all about that DL and OL manhandling bama up front. They didn't get pressure etc....And that is without their best DL

We need to start building our lines ASAP. Unfortunately this isn't the class to do it.

No one can deny that the Clemson OL and DL dominated. But those WRs made some amazing catches that, had they not made them, may have led to a different outcome, or at least a different point differential than the one we got. I thought more than once that I was looking at 3 Calvin Johnsons on the field at the same time.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
We got em right where we want em..... our 49-21 loss this year doesn’t look so bad right now.

Obviously you don't understand that Dabo/Clemson pulled away from Tech the past few seasons, and it was primarily because of PJ and the triple option. ;) That Clemson has pulled even with 'Bama and can boat race the Tide in a national title game is strictly coincidental -- perhaps Saban's high-school offense and poor recruiting can be blamed. At least Tech isn't considering going after Alabama's offensive line coach, right?

On a slightly more serious and less snarky note, I heard that last night's beatdown was the first time since 2011 that Alabama neither forced a turnover nor got a QB sack in a game. Wow.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like a good rating system to me - if you're rated as the single best player in the last 5 years, you get another star.
If anybody in the last decade deserves a 6th star its him. I'm from near the Thomson area and was trying to tell them how he's the best high school qb I've ever seen before they played him in the state championship game his Junior year. They thought it was because he hadn't faced a good defense yet...

Apparently he still hasn't

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I think playing them first is probably the best scenario, to the extent it even matters when we play them. Maybe our team will come out full of juice and they will have a championship hangover. We'll be facing no pressure in that game because there are no expectations.