Next up Ga Tech

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
TBH, I'd trade Matt Ryan in 2021 for the #1 overall pick PLUS another first rounder the following year if I could draft Lawrence. That kid is going to be special in the NFL.

Absolutely. I might give another 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Unreal catches. But meaningless without the boys up front. Even with a tad lesser wr guys get open; and the run game kept em honest.

I agree. One dude was calvin like all night. Imo clemson that night wins that game even if it was 4 renfrows etc....
Clemson still wins, but not in a blow out. Some of those monster catches were drive extenders. The passing game also opened up the running game which was being held in check in the first half. Dabo even said at halftime, "we need to get our running game going."

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Unreal catches. But meaningless without the boys up front. Even with a tad lesser wr guys get open; and the run game kept em honest.

I agree. One dude was calvin like all night. Imo clemson that night wins that game even if it was 4 renfrows etc....

Still, that one one-handed reach-back was very Calvin.

Then I recall Calvin did it basically sideways in the air. Unreal how great that dude was.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
We’ll probably need some lucky bounces to have a chance, but I think playing them first might be an advantage in a coaching transition year. There won’t be any tape on how the new staff will use our personnel, so Clemson’s coaches and army of analysts will have a difficult time predicting what we might do. Of course it could also be a disaster given that it’ll be the first game with a new staff, but that’s why they play the games.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
We’ll probably need some lucky bounces to have a chance, but I think playing them first might be an advantage in a coaching transition year. There won’t be any tape on how the new staff will use our personnel, so Clemson’s coaches and army of analysts will have a difficult time predicting what we might do. Of course it could also be a disaster given that it’ll be the first game with a new staff, but that’s why they play the games.
Dabo's gonna roster us by halftime.

Absolutely. I might give another 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal

Ryan would be 37 yrs old by then, that's a horrible trade, a Franchise QB (like TL) in the NFL is worth multiple 1st rnd picks an multiple 2nd rnd picks

TL is a playoff QB the very second he walks into an NFL facility, anywhere in the League, that right there means that no HC or GM would accept any trade for him under any circumstances

Here's the thing, Trevor Lawrence is a Georgial kid from Cartersville who I'm sure never gave GT a look for a number of understandable reasons ... this is what we need to start turning around.

I'm glad someone else said it, thanks

Also, in the future, there is NEVER an understandable reason for a GA HS FB recruit to not consider GT, those days left with TPR, Coach G is gonna change that real soon

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Still, that one one-handed reach-back was very Calvin.

Then I recall Calvin did it basically sideways in the air. Unreal how great that dude was.
And it was a rocket of a pass 10 yards up field too. Ross had a great catch but it's easier to catch a lob than what Calvin did.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Here's the thing, Trevor Lawrence is a Georgial kid from Cartersville who I'm sure never gave GT a look for a number of understandable reasons ... this is what we need to start turning around.

Dude, the list of high level QBs from GA who never even considered us or put us in the conversation the last 10 years is ridiculous.

Hell, Clemson's has 2 4 star BACKUP QBs that are from GA, not including Trevor Lawrence. Then of course, there was Deshaun Watson as well.