Next RB coach for GT?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Shaw is in option guy both in his families blood and where he played theyd never consider kt

Shaw is the HC at Rabun County...and he's coaching a record setting QB, Gunner Stockton. He's probably the best dual threat QB in the country, and he's on track to break Deshaun Watson's state total offense record. Jaybo is considerably more than just an option guy. Any school that hires Jaybo as a position coach just may be able to help sway Stockton from UGA...which is pretty deep at QB at the moment.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Shaw is the HC at Rabun County...and he's coaching a record setting QB, Gunner Stockton. He's probably the best dual threat QB in the country, and he's on track to break Deshaun Watson's state total offense record. Jaybo is considerably more than just an option guy. Any school that hires Jaybo as a position coach just may be able to help sway Stockton from UGA...which is pretty deep at QB at the moment.
He's the head coach at Rabun County where Gunner Stockton just threw for like a million yards. Just cause he played QB in an option offense doesn't mean that is his preferred offense to run as a coach.
I know this. I was giving the reason this staff would not look at him.... Correct or not.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Poured a hearty, and I mean HEARTY, pour of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and read through this thread.

Today we got performance results from my work and bonus info. I got more than I deserved, and cut the balance to GT AA; let it do what must be done.

Cheers men and women of the flats. Let’s give what we can, so we may get what we need, and get back to winning.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Poured a hearty, and I mean HEARTY, pour of Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and read through this thread.

Today we got performance results from my work and bonus info. I got more than I deserved, and cut the balance to GT AA; let it do what must be done.

Cheers men and women of the flats. Let’s give what we can, so we may get what we need, and get back to winning.
Yea, i doubled down .

Will buy seats but may be selective on games.

Glad i m not the only sucker

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos

Ever try their Nector d'Or?

Thanks for the donation. Good man!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Ever try their Nector d'Or?

Thanks for the donation. Good man!
Sure have, I am a big fan of most of what they do. The Nectar D'Or is really good too. If you like it, and you ever see "A tale of cake", buy it. It came out last year as a limited release. Hard to find it locally now, but man was it good. I have a bottle I am holding on to for my son when he turns 21 (he is 9 mo old so it'll be sitting with me for a while (y))

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, O'Brien was the OC for George Godsey's senior season in 2001:

In 2001 as a senior, he completed 241 passes for 3,085 yards, both of which are school records.

OFEI doesn't go that far back, so I can't really reference Friedgen vs post-Friedgen. You can also make the argument that O'Brien probably borrowed heavily from Friedgen's already installed playbook just to keep the transition easier on the players. That's just a guess since O'Brien coached under Friedgen for 3 years and probably didn't have his own playbook fully developed.
I don't remember the stats. I just remember that our offense was not as good the year after Friedgen left, and that's the year O'Brien took over. Now, that being said, no one was Ralph Friedgen, just like no one is Paul Johnson. Their wizardry with their offense was something seldom duplicated. I think part of Friedgen's lack of continued success at Maryland was the fact that he turned the offense over to his OC instead of doing what he did best.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Jimmy Smith. Current running backs coach at Arkansas. Was at Georgia state before Arkansas and was the head coach for Ceder Grove beginning in 2013 and won 2 state championships. Made $225,000 in 2020 and got a pay raise to $300,000 for this year. Has ties all over the south and especially in metro atlanta.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Jimmy Smith. Current running backs coach at Arkansas. Was at Georgia state before Arkansas and was the head coach for Ceder Grove beginning in 2013 and won 2 state championships. Made $225,000 in 2020 and got a pay raise to $300,000 for this year. Has ties all over the south and especially in metro atlanta.
He would be optimal but why would he leave Arkansas with all their success?

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe but it sure shouldn’t be one of the fanbase. I don’t find it to be a sinking ship or dumpster fire. 2 new coaches signed for good money 2 year contracts and a solid to good roster up and down. That’s not a dumpster. This team could win 7 games next season easy.

And no 7 wins is not the ultimate goal but just saying.
Wow! Please help me out to channel some of your optimism. What evidence do you see that makes you believe we could win 7 next year?

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Kenyatta Watson wants to be a coach. His son is on the team. No one can deny his level of connections and influence. Pay the man and get him here.
There’s restrictions on hiring a parent of a current player of your team. I don’t remember the exact terms but that’s why Kenyatta went to FSU last off season and not Tech.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
In the grand scheme of things, RB coach would be right above the get back guy. Teach them the plays, fundamentals, and to not fumble. The rest is up to them. It’s not like the wing T or a more complicated offense.