Next RB coach for GT?

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Any smoke 💨 signals coming over BDS this morning about who our next RB coach is going to be? I have to imagine that Stansbury, Collins, Long, and Key have some solid options available and perhaps they’re waiting on a confirmation from the candidate? I thought if it’s Mike Daniels as rumored that he would’ve maybe had everything finalized by now and made an official announcement? Is there another name being floated around for this position or is Daniels being pursued by multiple colleges and is having to decide which option is best for him?

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Any smoke 💨 signals coming over BDS this morning about who our next RB coach is going to be? I have to imagine that Stansbury, Collins, Long, and Key have some solid options available and perhaps they’re waiting on a confirmation from the candidate? I thought if it’s Mike Daniels as rumored that he would’ve maybe had everything finalized by now and made an official announcement? Is there another name being floated around for this position or is Daniels being pursued by multiple colleges and is having to decide which option is best for him?
AJC put out an article saying its Daniels so I'd say it's all but finalized.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s done, bruh.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
AJC put out an article saying its Daniels so I'd say it's all but finalized.

Rumors floating around on twitter that we didn't sign Mike Daniels? Does anyone know about this?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
“I’m thrilled to add Mike Daniels to our staff as running backs coach,” Collins said. “He has put his players in positions for great success everywhere that he has coached, and I’m looking forward to him doing the same with our talented group of running backs here on The Flats. I’m excited to welcome Mike, Monica and their children to the Georgia Tech football family.”

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
“I’m thrilled to add Mike Daniels to our staff as running backs coach,” Collins said. “He has put his players in positions for great success everywhere that he has coached, and I’m looking forward to him doing the same with our talented group of running backs here on The Flats. I’m excited to welcome Mike, Monica and their children to the Georgia Tech football family.”
Like that Mike has Mid Continent knowledge .

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I gotta believe there is a non-zero chance that Paris Johnson transfers to Tech to join his father perhaps as a grad transfer. I mean, a guy can dream, right?
I came here to post this. Would be incredible. He was playing guard at OSU last year and said he would have rather played tackle. Literally one of the best OL recruits since the internet.

I think it’s his step father though, not father. Not saying that makes a difference in the decision.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I like the hire, I'm liking all the hires, but yep, need to see how they all work out. Looks like they all potentially good recruiters. Don't they say 75% of it is in recruiting? The older I get the more that looks to be right to me. And I'm old!!!
It’s been my recommendation (as it applies to me) we avoid the “O” word and instead use “seasoned”…much more positive and collegial…