New WBB Coach: Nell Fortner

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
"another one... 5-star 33 overall 11th rated pg "

So Nell just got hired and has already pulled in two top 100 recruits including a 5 star. There are so many directions I could go with this but all I'll say is this makes Pastner look like ***. Maybe he needs to go talk to Nell and get some advice about how to recruit. Congrats to the women's team. Things are certainly looking up for them!

I think it's not completely fair to compare the two. I imagine Pastner deals with some things that Nell won't ever have to contend with. While I certainly acknowledge she's got a big job on her hands and she seems to be doing as good as can be expected so far (maybe better than expected), it's really an apples to oranges comp.

Against the advice of my counsel, I'll add that it definitely doesn't inspire confidence that she's been able to do some things in 5 months that the other dude hasn't been able to do in 5 years.

I may have violated my probation with that last comment. Anybody know how to get an ankle monitor off? Asking for a friend.

slugboy

Staff member
Love the attitude

@NellOnWheels: Basketball season is right around the corner!! Let’s goooooo @GTWBB @GTMBB #TogetherWeSwarm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I think it's not completely fair to compare the two. I imagine Pastner deals with some things that Nell won't ever have to contend with. While I certainly acknowledge she's got a big job on her hands and she seems to be doing as good as can be expected so far (maybe better than expected), it's really an apples to oranges comp.

Against the advice of my counsel, I'll add that it definitely doesn't inspire confidence that she's been able to do some things in 5 months that the other dude hasn't been able to do in 5 years.

I may have violated my probation with that last comment. Anybody know how to get an ankle monitor off? Asking for a friend.

you also have to consider that EDUCATION plays a much bigger roll with women than it does men. men have many more options to go pro or semi pro an make good money.

so graduating from a school like gt pulls far more weight with the ladies vs the men imo

slugboy

Staff member
Improving the WBB facilities
@GTToddStansbury: THANK YOU Steve and Judy Zelnak for your generous lead gift that allows us to move forward with renovation of @GTWBB’s team area! Steve and Judy continue to make a huge impact with their support of our WBB student-athletes & @NellOnWheels! #TogetherWeSwarm https://ramblinwreck.com/zelnaks-commit-lead-gift-for-wbb-team-area-renovation/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Improving the WBB facilities
@GTToddStansbury: THANK YOU Steve and Judy Zelnak for your generous lead gift that allows us to move forward with renovation of @GTWBB’s team area! Steve and Judy continue to make a huge impact with their support of our WBB student-athletes & @NellOnWheels! #TogetherWeSwarm https://ramblinwreck.com/zelnaks-commit-lead-gift-for-wbb-team-area-renovation/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Zelnaks sound like stand-up people. I think this is a wonderful gesture for the ladies.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Amazing donation! GT academics, location, and ACC access should be top half of the WBB conference annually. Hope Coach Nell takes it to the next level.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I met them at the Presidents dinner this year. He grew up in Raleigh and she is a UNC grad . Both love GT and are total supporters of our school. Great people.
I recall that Mrs. Z might have given a commencement address at my daughter's graduation morning session three years ago.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
The AA had a "Meet the Teams" breakfast event this morning for season ticket holders. Both CJP and CNF were there to introduce their players, talk about the program, and then do a little Q&A with the audience. I gotta say, Coach Fortner really impressed me—so much so that my wife and I agreed that we should add women's BB to our season ticket package. We may not be able to go to a lot of games, but we definitely want to support the team.