New WBB Coach: Nell Fortner

slugboy

Staff member
Nice resume. Should we be concerned that she hasn't coached in 7 years? Any reason why she left Auburn? Not questioning the hire, just asking.

There are a few articles posted. She left Auburn because she needed a break. She worked for ESPN for years following that.
She had a nice gig at ESPN but felt like getting back into coaching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So, it looks like she is a transfer student, coming in from....Kansas State? A place many have laughed at academically? And I have always heard how tough it is to get transfers admitted to GT.

I must be an idiot.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
So, it looks like she is a transfer student, coming in from....Kansas State? A place many have laughed at academically? And I have always heard how tough it is to get transfers admitted to GT.

I must be an idiot.
She sat out last season and redshirted. Therefore never played for them, although fairly certain she went to class. Didn’t our former G.T. President, get his undergraduate degree from Kansas St.?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I am not up on basketball in recent years so this might be a dumb question but what do the signs with her right hand mean?

Nowadays, whenever someone makes a 3, they gotta make a little "3!" hand-sign. It's a celebration basically.

She’s banned from wrigley...

incredibly-stupid.gif

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Losing the 2 Elizabeth's will be hard. They were (are) strong players!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk