New Uniforms Revealed

Milwaukee

Banned
Yep, I talked to Todd tonight and they intentionally invited Young Alumni for 2 reasons I think:

1. We put in all over social media. Me and the group of 6 I knew there are all had it on Snap/Insta/Twitter as it was happening.
2. Engage young alumni to start giving back. I know after tonight I am much more likely to give bigger numbers to the AA

You're not the same DT Linder that used to host a website for ps2 roster files are you? Just curious.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I personally like something like this...

GT_uni.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I like them, but it's weird that the all white uni made me immediately think, "Miami," before I realized that they're also an adidas school.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
A write up on RamblinWreck says there are three jerseys, two are white, and one is gold. Thank goodness no blue.
That’s probably just for this year. Someone that went last night said that alternative jersey will be a link to tradition and not being different just to be different. Blue tops have a tradition. we will not see them often,but we will see them at some point in the future.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
The new uniforms look nice.

Lots of hype, though. But I do understand the excitement over having a new uniform manufacturer that offers a “better name brand” over the previous company.

I also hope the OL, the defense, the kicking game, and the special teams look a lot better this season. And the QB’s passing game, too...

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Tech will have these uniforms for the next three seasons, Collins said. He also said that “we’re working on some things” for a third, alternate uniform, which might debut later this season or possibly not until 2019.
Collins will continue to oversee Tech’s football uniforms, which undoubtedly delights Stansbury. Collins played football at Oregon State 2007 to 2011, when Stansbury was executive associate AD at the school. Stansbury helped Collins land an internship during his playing career, sending him on a career path that ultimately brought the two back together again.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
So this is awesome. We got a lot of questions answered:

Will we invigorate the brand?

Will we have some stinger designs?

What will the uniforms bring that’s better than Russell?

But the most important questions remains:
“WHAT SHOES WILL BUZZ WEAR NOT THAT HIS CONVERSE ARE VERBOTEN?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
That’s probably just for this year. Someone that went last night said that alternative jersey will be a link to tradition and not being different just to be different. Blue tops have a tradition. we will not see them often,but we will see them at some point in the future.

Gold Jerseys have history too, but the blues being tied to the 1990 team definitely give them a larger cache.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Only knock is this should’ve been a star-studded event for everyone in McCamish. You got star power with Joe as the model. Adidas newest technology, new locker room, and fundraising campaign booming. #biGTime should’ve been on full display

There are women now on Twitter that are trying to buy GT #96 jerseys bc of Joe. Huge mistake imo