New Uniforms Revealed

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Ok. Hate to be a wet blanket, but not a huge fan of all the design choices. Just a couple a nits to pick:

1. There are 3 different golds in the home uni: the helmet, the numbers and the pants... all different shades.
2. The outline on the numbers is too thin, imo, needs to be bolder.
3. Was hoping to see a little more striping on the side legs of the pants. Just seem a little blah.
4. The stinger helmet is cool from the front and sides, but really goofy looking from the back. The stripe gets real fat and stops halfway.

Other than that, I like ‘em. The ‘06 Calvin uni still my personal fave! The Joe Ham’s are next.

Really glad they didn’t go all Oregon or Maryland on us! Whew!!!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Anyone that complains about these just doesn’t get it. Adidas went all out for GT in this with awesome design and detail. We didn’t just get the standard unis other adidas teams got. This is huge for recruiting. We will be a flagship school for them. Love the stinger look on the helmets with the striping.

Can you explain why the GT logo is smaller than adidas or ACC? Sorry. I can’t get to orgasm here.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
If this were another school we would be complaining that “these guys have a wwe champion modeling their uniform release” and we are still waiting for our uni that better be to my individual liking or else it sucks!

No design is gonna be for everyone, but bottom line is that it’s new and exciting and has generated conversation. Just look at the number of pages on uniform threads this offseason. Embrace it everybody, this is what we are going to look like hoisting up trophies this year.
Full kool aid.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the entire lineup... this will get very expensive for my family.
Great job!!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I
D615CF2A-0C4A-4CF6-9211-217919FCD4EE.jpeg
FD9405EE-31B7-4942-89C2-BA90792F0E2C.jpeg
F1F2A9BC-107D-447D-9ED4-AB6CB1953B7D.jpeg
398ADBE0-6BFE-4406-B920-7D854A481282.jpeg
21432294-0F0F-4D0B-9167-10A4679A73EC.jpeg

The evolution

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I think they're nice. They need a little time to grow on me, and yeah there's some funky touches with the pattern and the stingers, but they aren't poorly done or out of place -- just a stylistic choice that won't appeal to everyone but the unis are classic enough so it's not too distracting if disliked.

Important things:
1. Clearly an emphasis on our primary colors with tradition of wearing white at home, although gold is lacking in the white out look but probably will be paired with gold hats most games
2. We got mostly classic design with a twist, but importantly we're not just a rehashing of everyone else's look. Clearly we're a brand, at least for the initial push
3. The detail, fit, and finish are miles ahead of Russell

Ultimately, if you don't like the design it's still reasonable classic Tech with more consistency, but you gotta be pleased with the impact this partnership is starting to have on the program. These uniforms deliver in the partnership arena.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Really love the uniforms! This sounds dumb, but are we allowed to have the gold numbers? IIRC, we wore the gold numbers for the first game against WCU in 2011. Then we couldn't wear them anymore and had to switch back to navy numbers? I could be misremembering though.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
It was such a bad time to drop this that every recruit has already retweeted or liked. The event drew some local celebs and big donors. Guys quit complaining and get behind the GTAA. Momentum is building......

They also specifically targeted a younger alumni/season ticket holder crowd and wanted more or a swanky night club feel, which they delivered on in spades.

dtlinderman

Georgia Tech Fan
They also specifically targeted a younger alumni/season ticket holder crowd and wanted more or a swanky night club feel, which they delivered on in spades.

Yep, I talked to Todd tonight and they intentionally invited Young Alumni for 2 reasons I think:

1. We put in all over social media. Me and the group of 6 I knew there are all had it on Snap/Insta/Twitter as it was happening.
2. Engage young alumni to start giving back. I know after tonight I am much more likely to give bigger numbers to the AA

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I am a HUGE fan of the all white jerseys. Here are some pics I took tonight so you all can see the details more clearly.
95CD4A84-E01C-4E24-8639-6C967DAEAD08.jpeg
0EE1CFFB-0520-4D70-88E3-7B4DBA9D3047.jpeg
These are closeups of the away/white pants to show the detail. Gold GT logo and pointed stripes are a very nice touch. Very clean and aggressive. These will look amazing at night. You can also see the bottoms of the jersey almost look like a sweater. The material feels very high quality. As Roman Reigns said, it’s very comfortable and tight fitting but not restrictive, allows for full range of motion. “I would have been a better football player in these jerseys.”
92A17B39-E44A-47D2-8C56-76F8BDC83EE4.jpeg
Here’s a closeup of the numbers on the white jersey. They have the same striping pattern as the gold numbers, just with navy blue and a darker navy blue. Much more subtle on these, but up close it really looks unique and very sleek. Also note the different stitching/fabric between the chest and abdomen areas. The higher impact areas are stitched much closer together to be more impact resistant. We are the first team to wear this technology on the field.
700A553F-904B-4A61-877D-260F0C2983E4.jpeg
Close up of the white helmet. Hard to see but the white is kind of a pearl coat with shiny flecks in it. Nothing overwhelming but reminded me of a high end car with a pearl white coat. Very premium, high quality appearance and feel. Overall love these helmets. The all white look is going to be a head turner - the two words I would use to describe it: sleek and aggressive.

Took a few of the gold as well, though not as many.
8D48B34E-EAF4-4363-8BF2-EA1F995CE0CC.jpeg
Just a closer look at the number pattern and the different fabric and stitching I talked about earlier. The jersey will be very hard to grab onto because it’s so form fitting. I can easily see this making our players harder to tackle after feeling it. As for the shading of the numbers, I know some people are concerned that the golds don’t match. In person it’s not as big of a difference. The numbers also have a metallic-like sheen to them that the pants don’t have. They sort of glow in relation to the rest of the uniform and it looks really unique and cool.
84373B1D-C847-4789-B696-14AA10C7C673.jpeg
Details on the pants. Colors are little washed out because this one was outside. There is a navy blue GT with no trim on the other hip.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I am a HUGE fan of the all white jerseys. Here are some pics I took tonight so you all can see the details more clearly. View attachment 3846 View attachment 3847 These are closeups of the away/white pants to show the detail. Gold GT logo and pointed stripes are a very nice touch. Very clean and aggressive. These will look amazing at night. You can also see the bottoms of the jersey almost look like a sweater. The material feels very high quality. As Roman Reigns said, it’s very comfortable and tight fitting but not restrictive, allows for full range of motion. “I would have been a better football player in these jerseys.”
View attachment 3848 Here’s a closeup of the numbers on the white jersey. They have the same striping pattern as the gold numbers, just with navy blue and a darker navy blue. Much more subtle on these, but up close it really looks unique and very sleek. Also note the different stitching/fabric between the chest and abdomen areas. The higher impact areas are stitched much closer together to be more impact resistant. We are the first team to wear this technology on the field.
View attachment 3849 Close up of the white helmet. Hard to see but the white is kind of a pearl coat with shiny flecks in it. Nothing overwhelming but reminded me of a high end car with a pearl white coat. Very premium, high quality appearance and feel. Overall love these helmets. The all white look is going to be a head turner - the two words I would use to describe it: sleek and aggressive.

View attachment 3851 Just a closer look at the number pattern and the different fabric and stitching I talked about earlier. The jersey will be very hard to grab onto because it’s so form fitting. I can easily see this making our players harder to tackle after feeling it. As for the shading of the numbers, I know some people are concerned that the golds don’t match. In person it’s not as big of a difference. The numbers also have a metallic-like sheen to them that the pants don’t have. They sort of glow in relation to the rest of the uniform and it looks really unique and cool.
View attachment 3850 Details on the pants. Colors are little washed out because this one was outside. There is a navy blue GT with no trim on the other hip.
Patrick-Ewing-Fist-Pump-in-Crowd.gif

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I am a HUGE fan of the all white jerseys. Here are some pics I took tonight so you all can see the details more clearly. View attachment 3846 View attachment 3847 These are closeups of the away/white pants to show the detail. Gold GT logo and pointed stripes are a very nice touch. Very clean and aggressive. These will look amazing at night. You can also see the bottoms of the jersey almost look like a sweater. The material feels very high quality. As Roman Reigns said, it’s very comfortable and tight fitting but not restrictive, allows for full range of motion. “I would have been a better football player in these jerseys.”
View attachment 3848 Here’s a closeup of the numbers on the white jersey. They have the same striping pattern as the gold numbers, just with navy blue and a darker navy blue. Much more subtle on these, but up close it really looks unique and very sleek. Also note the different stitching/fabric between the chest and abdomen areas. The higher impact areas are stitched much closer together to be more impact resistant. We are the first team to wear this technology on the field.
View attachment 3849 Close up of the white helmet. Hard to see but the white is kind of a pearl coat with shiny flecks in it. Nothing overwhelming but reminded me of a high end car with a pearl white coat. Very premium, high quality appearance and feel. Overall love these helmets. The all white look is going to be a head turner - the two words I would use to describe it: sleek and aggressive.

View attachment 3851 Just a closer look at the number pattern and the different fabric and stitching I talked about earlier. The jersey will be very hard to grab onto because it’s so form fitting. I can easily see this making our players harder to tackle after feeling it. As for the shading of the numbers, I know some people are concerned that the golds don’t match. In person it’s not as big of a difference. The numbers also have a metallic-like sheen to them that the pants don’t have. They sort of glow in relation to the rest of the uniform and it looks really unique and cool.
View attachment 3850 Details on the pants. Colors are little washed out because this one was outside. There is a navy blue GT with no trim on the other hip.
Thanks for posting. They look better up close. That white helmet looks amazing

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

What did the Adidas guy that was there have to say?