New Uniforms Revealed

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
So a couple of notes from the event:

1. TStan and adidas head of NCAA outreach both mentioned the growing depth of the relationship and our aligned values.

2. Lots of synergies between supplier and Institute, "not a transactional relationship".

3. Ex players seem to love the gear and the fit.

4. Coach Pastner was there, along with 3 others in coaches polos whom I couldn't ID. Coach Johnson was not.

5. They intentionally targeted younger alumni. I believe this created a better social media buzz and will build the donor base.

6. Lots of cool tech in the unis, PrimeKnit uniforms, we will be among the first teams to wear them.

7. Designers put a lot of effort into a modern Tech feel that is innovative, but rooted in tradition.

8. Talked to the lead designer afterwards and he stated the following.

A. Lots of gear coming over the next year, I'm assuming it will match the seasonal releases.

B. More and better female gear, with less focus on rhinestones and more of Athleisure.

C. Replica Jerseys will be available this year in Men, Women, Kid, and Toddler sizes. Next year, women's replicas will be designed from the get go for the female shape.

9. Roman Reigns was cool and showed off the unis.

10. White helmet is awesome, although I wish they took the stripe to the bottom on the back. Gold helmet was not touched.

11. Adidas wants to collaborate with us in design, storytelling, manufacturing (the speed factory was mentioned) as well as material research.

12. Any alternates will be made to tell a story important to Tech, not just to be wild. They will showcase a school ideal, not just be different to be different.

Overall really excited about tonight and the relationship going forward. I think these unis will look sharp on the field and will look even better as we win.

techfan4

Georgia Tech Fan
I don’t care because I think all of this looks great but I do find it funny that our new brand guidelines dictated no plain blue GT and the gold pants have one.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
So a couple of notes from the event:

1. TStan and adidas head of NCAA outreach both mentioned the growing depth of the relationship and our aligned values.

2. Lots of synergies between supplier and Institute, "not a transactional relationship".

3. Ex players seem to love the gear and the fit.

4. Coach Pastner was there, along with 3 others in coaches polos whom I couldn't ID. Coach Johnson was not.

5. They intentionally targeted younger alumni. I believe this created a better social media buzz and will build the donor base.

6. Lots of cool tech in the unis, PrimeKnit uniforms, we will be among the first teams to wear them.

7. Designers put a lot of effort into a modern Tech feel that is innovative, but rooted in tradition.

8. Talked to the lead designer afterwards and he stated the following.

A. Lots of gear coming over the next year, I'm assuming it will match the seasonal releases.

B. More and better female gear, with less focus on rhinestones and more of Athleisure.

C. Replica Jerseys will be available this year in Men, Women, Kid, and Toddler sizes. Next year, women's replicas will be designed from the get go for the female shape.

9. Roman Reigns was cool and showed off the unis.

10. White helmet is awesome, although I wish they took the stripe to the bottom on the back. Gold helmet was not touched.

11. Adidas wants to collaborate with us in design, storytelling, manufacturing (the speed factory was mentioned) as well as material research.

12. Any alternates will be made to tell a story important to Tech, not just to be wild. They will showcase a school ideal, not just be different to be different.

Overall really excited about tonight and the relationship going forward. I think these unis will look sharp on the field and will look even better as we win.
Thanks for posting this. I’m excited to see the new releases and stories behind them. That will be pretty cool. I know uniforms don’t win games but hopefully it will be extra motivation and energy for the players. LETS GO

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Also they said that all swag available to players will be available for purchase by the public.

Additionally adidas wants to tap our co-op and intern programs and create a pipeline of engineers into their company.

They also were giving out guys polos and womens full zipd. Both white with metalic/tech gold gt logo. Only complaints my wife has is that the zipper on her jacket is tempermental and they didn't cleanly cut the logo backing well.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Not the worst - not the best.

The description of the materials the unis are made of, and the benefits are great.

White hat - nothing new or unique about that type striping. Has been done to death by others. Some just have the pointed end going opposite direction.

Fonts - looks like somebody could not make up their mind. The color variation in the numbers looks good.

Pant stripes - Gimmicky, but probably just to me. With the sleeve and collar striping in the shirt, I think a solid pant would look better.

Just hope we win like we should against who we should.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Love these, not a fan of the font style on the numbers. I’d prefer a more traditional symmetrical number, but otherwise I love them. Great job adidas. Big step up from Russell. Been waiting on this since I was like 12 years old. I’m about to be 27 so it’s been a long wait. Go Jackets!

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I'm not disappointed. Trash? Seriously? Thats old gold dude. Its DISTINCTIVLY GT. Nobody else has that color. You see that color, its GT. That's called market identity. IMHO, its a homerun.
Just not a fan of the all navy GT logo on the pants. After looking at them for a while they definitely look better. Becoming more of a fan by the minute.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Also, has anyone gotten confirmation if that will be the final font for the names on the jerseys? After looking at these for a while now they have grown on me tremendously.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I like them more than not, and most importantly, I hope our players and recruits like them. I like the darker gold, and it will ALWAYS be hard to match golds on plastic, embroidered numbers, and high tech pants. BUT, as DCS said, I wish they could get them closer than they are. And, I have never been a fan of "all white", especially for our away unis. As much as I don't love navy blue as a main color, I would rather have our guys wear blue pants with the "away" jersey.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I like them more than not, and most importantly, I hope our players and recruits like them. I like the darker gold, and it will ALWAYS be hard to match golds on plastic, embroidered numbers, and high tech pants. BUT, as DCS said, I wish they could get them closer than they are. And, I have never been a fan of "all white", especially for our away unis. As much as I don't love navy blue as a main color, I would rather have our guys wear blue pants with the "away" jersey.
Give it a couple hours :) Think the all whites look awesome, and the stinger theme definitely works after sitting with it for a while. It'll look even better in motion im sure

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Love these, not a fan of the font style on the numbers. I’d prefer a more traditional symmetrical number, but otherwise I love them. Great job adidas. Big step up from Russell. Been waiting on this since I was like 12 years old. I’m about to be 27 so it’s been a long wait. Go Jackets!
Same here. Thought about being slightly disappointed with these, thought about Russell for a few minutes, and flipped script. This **** is sick. Let's WIN in these!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Give it a couple hours :) Think the all whites look awesome, and the stinger theme definitely works after sitting with it for a while. It'll look even better in motion im sure

Never going to be a fan of white pants with white tops, but with that said, I am so happy we are not in Russell, and again, I just hope the ones that matter, recruits, like them.....

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t care because I think all of this looks great but I do find it funny that our new brand guidelines dictated no plain blue GT and the gold pants have one.

Overall I think these uniforms are great but I noticed the exact same thing..... details count

Totally picking nits though. Exciting.

Last edited:

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
I love them. Not to be negative Nancy but the golds dont match lol. Also dont quite understand the whiteout uniforms. But i do like them

Ok. Hate to be a wet blanket, but not a huge fan of all the design choices. Just a couple a nits to pick:

1. There are 3 different golds in the home uni: the helmet, the numbers and the pants... all different shades.
Really glad they didn’t go all Oregon or Maryland on us! Whew!!!

I saw the same thing with the golds. What I'm thinking is they are trying to blend the metallic helmet with the more flat pants. If you just glance, the numbers blend between the two. At least that's what I see. I hope this holds up in all the lighting conditions (sunlight, night, etc.). Overall I'm happy, and I think they did manage to save traditional and still have an original, fresh design.