New recruit...2nd chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
He's an 18 year old dumb kid. He's got ivy league offers, so clearly there is some IQ to work with there. He deserves a second chance.

Maybe he does, and maybe he doesn't. I dunno.
But I wonder what most of us would say about it if it was Ugag giving him a second chance? (rhetorical question - I think we all know the answer) Just sayin'...
At any rate, hoping he straightens up and flies right, now.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...RVRATyG_SICMxOYIH7MbE8D5FxAUMlfDSso4Erct6iKlQ

So my op got deleted by mod because....it wasn’t deemed conducive. Maybe the thread title was the problem.

But this is public news and it’s not a good look.

Truly hard to believe a rational human being of any age, race or background could read the facts of this situation and come up with these illiterate notions. Much less anyone ignorantly implying it indicates a “win at any cost” mentality.

The hatred and butthurt is beyond the pale.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
18 year olds do dumb stuff. I think I would not have posted a twitter message. Let time and good character do the talking.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Truly hard to believe a rational human being of any age, race or background could read the facts of this situation and come up with these illiterate notions. Much less anyone ignorantly implying it indicates a “win at any cost” mentality.

The hatred and butthurt is beyond the pale.

The shade they are heaping onto the coach and program is obnoxious. All because their favorite 7-win coach quit on 'em.

The shade they are heaping onto the coach and program is obnoxious. All because their favorite 7-win coach quit on 'em.
If you are referring to those whose favorite coach is CPJ, then count me in, but I am also willing to give a kid a chance who was never officially charged in the matter. If he had been charged, I might think differently, and if he had been convicted and put on probation, then I wouldn't want him at all.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
If you want to brand a kid on one thing like this you’ve got the wrong idea. We have ALL done stupid **** in our lives and I would say that we would all like it if people would have given us a second chance. So maybe give the kid a break.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
If you are referring to those whose favorite coach is CPJ, then count me in, but I am also willing to give a kid a chance who was never officially charged in the matter. If he had been charged, I might think differently, and if he had been convicted and put on probation, then I wouldn't want him at all.

nope, you haven't been crapping on our new coach at every opportunity.

Animal02

Banned
He was put into a diversion program instead of being charged. Based on the article, it did not sound like he was accepting responsibility for what he did.....not a good sign.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh my f**king god, y'all. Stop this type of posting in the football thread. The KID is 18, maybe made a mistake and is now moving on.

Wait a second.. never mind. How about a bunch of 50-60 year olds keep a post open about how they "had integrity when they went to Tech"...
also, y'all wanna talk about about weed and how it kills every human that tries it?

Animal02

Banned
Oh my f**king god, y'all. Stop this type of posting in the football thread. The KID is 18, maybe made a mistake and is now moving on.

Wait a second.. never mind. How about a bunch of 50-60 year olds keep a post open about how they "had integrity when they went to Tech"...
also, y'all wanna talk about about weed and how it kills every human that tries it?

Rather hypocritical considering the constant posting about similar problems with similar aged kids at UGA, Bama, and the rest of the SEC by a whole host of posters here.
I do not recall you or any others posting similar outrage.

LibertyTurns

Banned
It’s the coaches choice. Until CGC demonstrates poor judgment we should all assume he has great judgment. We will know a maximum of 5 years from now on this particular instance. Let’s hope that’s the case because what else would you root for- a kid that ends up in trouble again and a coach that can’t make good choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.