New recruit...2nd chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Rather hypocritical considering the constant posting about similar problems with similar aged kids at UGA, Bama, and the rest of the SEC by a whole host of posters here.
I do not recall you or any others posting similar outrage.
You really don’t get this rivalry thing so you.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
It is when he doesn’t own what he did was wrong by claiming he wasn’t convicted due to a lenient court diversion. Proudly exclaims he wasn’t convicted and has a chip on his shoulder.

Maybe one day he will own this wrong and learn from it. Right now he appears to be a bad egg coming in.
Man you’re amazing. You can tell everything about the young man from that little quote. The chip I’m sure means he knows he made a mistake and need to prove who he really is. Nothing wrong with that Bit in your wisdom you have passed judgement on him knowing nothing else about him. You really are too much.

Animal02

Banned
Man you’re amazing. You can tell everything about the young man from that little quote. The chip I’m sure means he knows he made a mistake and need to prove who he really is. Nothing wrong with that Bit in your wisdom you have passed judgement on him knowing nothing else about him. You really are too much.
And you can tell tell by the same article he is pure and wholesome........just keep piling the hypocrisy higher. It seems to be you new job. :rolleyes:

Animal02

Banned
It’s the coaches choice. Until CGC demonstrates poor judgment we should all assume he has great judgment. We will know a maximum of 5 years from now on this particular instance. Let’s hope that’s the case because what else would you root for- a kid that ends up in trouble again and a coach that can’t make good choices?
You know what assuming does........

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
And you can tell tell by the same article he is pure and wholesome........just keep piling the hypocrisy higher. It seems to be you new job. :rolleyes:
I said what I took from the article and quote. I didn’t claim to know more or make a judgement on his character like WC did so no, I don’t think my post was hypocritical. So what’s your job then, being the honorable contrarian reigning in everyone else’s fuzz and excitement ?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He was put into a diversion program instead of being charged. Based on the article, it did not sound like he was accepting responsibility for what he did.....not a good sign.
I work as a mentor w the Military justice diversiom program. They admit guilt and ask to be in program . Pretty amazing success stiries with the some failures. Judge is tough on them and as are the counselors. Its not a straight line up, but it is up. The guy i am befriending was the personal body guard of general Petraeus and has 2 purple hearts. Drugs are bad.

I would like to think of Ga Tech Football as a part of this players long term improvement process.

Deleted member 2897

So much fake news here.

I don’t blame the mods for deleting the first post. It was probably highly inaccurate, just like this one.

First, he was not convicted. In our country, that means he was innocent. Read that maybe 3 or 4 times.

Second, I have no idea what you’re talking about with remorse. The Mom straight up stated she didn’t think he was guilty of what he was charged with. Well guess what - charges were dropped.

Third, something apparently did happen, because Young DID show remorse, says he messed up, was grateful for the second chance. Just because all of that (remorse) wasn’t in THIS article doesn’t mean it didn’t happen (pardon the double negative).

As a fan of this team, you should be extra careful before you post things like this without double and triple checking your assertions.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I’m okay with 2nd chances. No one is perfect. This SA broke into a car, stole stuff, and does not appear to have any real remorse from what was conveyed in the article.

It’s not a matter of 2nd chance. It’s about bringing in a player who imo is likely to be a bad egg and untrustworthy.

He’s not even coming close to saying the right things after this and neither is his mother.

Direct quote from KY
I knew I messed up

I thank God everyday for a second chance, and to be able to do it at this level. I'm still mad (at myself) for what I did, but I am glad at the same time, that I learned the lessons I did.

GT is about to have somebody with a serious chip on their shoulder coming into the program.

Animal02

Banned
So much fake news here.

I don’t blame the mods for deleting the first post. It was probably highly inaccurate, just like this one.

First, he was not convicted. In our country, that means he was innocent. Read that maybe 3 or 4 times.

Second, I have no idea what you’re talking about with remorse. The Mom straight up stated she didn’t think he was guilty of what he was charged with. Well guess what - charges were dropped.

Third, something apparently did happen, because Young DID show remorse, says he messed up, was grateful for the second chance. Just because all of that (remorse) wasn’t in THIS article doesn’t mean it didn’t happen (pardon the double negative).

As a fan of this team, you should be extra careful before you post things like this without double and triple checking your assertions.
How is this fake new? It was a published article. What is "Fake" about it, except for news the koolaid drinkers want to hand wave away?
According to the article, he was put in a diversion program. Something common for youth offenders. It avoids a conviction on their record and allows them to try and turn things around. To try and twist that into "he is innocent" is beyond a stretch.
As far as remorse goes, you can interpret it either way.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I would like to think of Ga Tech Football as a part of this players long term improvement process.
I like this statement. Just my opinion, the twitter message that he posted might be misunderstood regarding the chip on his shoulder. He probably means he's going to come to Tech and work hard and not get into trouble again. I can understand where someone might interpret the message as being an attitude issue. He's young and hopefully in 3 or 4 years we are talking about him being an All ACC player that excels in the classroom.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think second chances are OK in this situation. However, he must be told in no uncertain terms that he is on a short leash. No three strike policy for him. That’s the price you pay when you screw up and get a second chance and somebody goes out on a limb for you.

I sure hope we still value high character in our recruits.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My, we are so quick to judge on the internet, aren't we?

All of us have good and evil within us, we are all human. All of us will make mistakes, do some level of harm, hurt someone else (maybe only with words or assumptions, maybe by stealing or worse).

I vote for not judging based on one simple news article, which may or may not be a complete profile of a young person.

Deleted member 2897

How is this fake new? It was a published article. What is "Fake" about it, except for news the koolaid drinkers want to hand wave away?
According to the article, he was put in a diversion program. Something common for youth offenders. It avoids a conviction on their record and allows them to try and turn things around. To try and twist that into "he is innocent" is beyond a stretch.
As far as remorse goes, you can interpret it either way.

Because of all the reasons I stated. He is innocent under the law. He did show remorse. Etc.

Animal02

Banned
My, we are so quick to judge on the internet, aren't we?

All of us have good and evil within us, we are all human. All of us will make mistakes, do some level of harm, hurt someone else (maybe only with words or assumptions, maybe by stealing or worse).

I vote for not judging based on one simple news article, which may or may not be a complete profile of a young person.
Yet so many are quick to judge him as INNOCENT from the same article. There was obviously enough smoke for another university to put a hold on his scholly. So many here are very quick to hand wave away the issue........yet mock other universities for even lesser issues.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Yet so many are quick to judge him as INNOCENT from the same article. There was obviously enough smoke for another university to put a hold on his scholly. So many here are very quick to hand wave away the issue........yet mock other universities for even lesser issues.
I don’t see anyone assuming innocence other than as a legal issue. What 99% are doing is accepting that he made some kind of mistake, has paid a penalty and, in the opinion of our coaches and others who were also recruiting him, worthy of a second chance. What could possibly be wrong with that? What that 1% are saying evidently is that an 18yo kid should lose his future over a mistake. Or am I reading you wrong ?

The other thing people are taking from this and other threads is that you and maybe WC have decided that you are 100% against the new staff and everything they are trying to do. I would suggest you could save a lot of time in future by simply replaying “YKWIT” (you know what I think) in any thread you want and we will in fact all know what you would have typed. That being whatever is the worst assumption anyone can make about the issue at hand.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have no doubt that the coaches fully vetted the situation and I believe a kid should get a second chance, because I'm sure we'd all want a second chance after a lapse in judgment.

I also believe, that rivalries or not, we should be mindful of casting aspersions on other college football teams when their student athletes hit bumps in the road, because we've lived in a glass house in the past on that front and, whether we like it or not, chances are we will again at some point.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
So much fake news here.

Not found guilty does not equal innocent...

Status
Not open for further replies.