New play

Declinometer

Banned
IT appears CPJ unveiled a new play Saturday. I'll call it the ghost counter option. JT shows counter option but he is the only one that counters with the offside guard and tackle pulling to the play side. I think we ran it twice. Really cool play with JT's speed and our athletic O line.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Almost certainly because defenses have been keying on RB motion. This way no RBs to key off of.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Almost certainly because defenses have been keying on RB motion. This way no RBs to key off of.
NCST was flowing so hard at the second level with AB motion they left half the field empty. I have seen other teams key on our guards and not ABs.

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that was the first TD run by JT, right? If that's the play you're taking about - I really like it. JT can get out to the perimeter so quickly that it's tough to stop unless the D plays extremely disciplined.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I kinda think we used that play to counter UVA reading the playside guard. The Guard and tackle from the backside pull on this counter.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I wonder how much CPJ has held back in his bag of tricks for this game? Maybe we'll finally see us in hunh and not because we're behind or out of time.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
NC State was completely fooled by this play every time we ran it. It was kinda embarrassing (for them).

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The play was a great design. Almost a play within a play...formation went one way, but the off guard pulled with the QB. The WR also took the CB up the field as if it was a pass instead of stalk blocking on the outside for JT. If guys were keying on one of the guard or the ABs, they were f'ed...which basically happened to NCSt.

The next step off this play is reading the CB to see if he releases the WR. JeT can throw if the CB is trying to make a play to stop the run, or keep it and take it into the open field. The play has the potential to be devastating with JeT because of his speed and ability to make plays.

"Pro offense" teams have a play like this where the QB boot legs away from the play flow, and there's two passing options: The TE or RB in the flats, or the WR up the field.

This was a such a great design because there was so much open space for JT to create. It also screws up their defensive keys for other plays because now they can't "trust their eyes". So many layers to such a simple play.