New play

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I just named it the counter QB sweep

But I never seen that play or the weak side Aback Sweep that Perkins ran before this year

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Great play. Made me smile.

I am pretty sure we ran it once for Byerly too.

I think we looked at film from the Virginia game and realized just how much their D was over-playing. The backside was there a lot when Virginia was blowing up plays in the backfield.

/

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Great play. Made me smile.

I am pretty sure we ran it once for Byerly too.

I think we looked at film from the Virginia game and realized just how much their D was over-playing. The backside was there a lot when Virginia was blowing up plays in the backfield.

/

I'm not sure that we ran it for Byerly. Byerly did run a midline option a few times. In one of those, he broke outside rather than going up the middle which got clogged. Maybe that's what you remember?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not sure that we ran it for Byerly. Byerly did run a midline option a few times. In one of those, he broke outside rather than going up the middle which got clogged. Maybe that's what you remember?
We did and Denise had a block in the back on the Corner back about 35 yds down field.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We did and Denise had a block in the back on the Corner back about 35 yds down field.

Yeah, I just saw that as I was watching the replay. I was more excited during the game with Timmy running the midline because that suggests that we've still been practicing it. My face just begins to smile with the sight of CU dbs trying to chase Justin down.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Is it a new play CPJ has just developed or one we just have not ran in past? It would be great to know that he is working up new plays that fits in with his bread & butter formations.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I just saw that as I was watching the replay. I was more excited during the game with Timmy running the midline because that suggests that we've still been practicing it. My face just begins to smile with the sight of CU dbs trying to chase Justin down.
Me too. I've been waiting for Thomas to get an opportunity to get it full throttle since that counter option play that was called back against Va Tech.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Back in the day, we called it, "Bootleg". Sometimes, the qb would run it unannounced as the rest of the team ran the play as called.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer

Yeah - I'm not sure. In fact, it might have been that mid-line that he took around the outside. I'll watch again.

/