New Movies

herb

Helluva Engineer
Watched Tom Clancy's Without Remorse over the weekend. It wasn't bad but not great either. I thought Michael B. Jordan was good but it felt a little rushed? Worth a watch if you like that genre.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Watched Tom Clancy's Without Remorse over the weekend. It wasn't bad but not great either. I thought Michael B. Jordan was good but it felt a little rushed? Worth a watch if you like that genre.

Me and mrs. kg watched it. Not sure why she insisted on watching. :unsure:

I'm sure it had nothing to do with all them shots of MBJ shirtless and glistenin'. :cautious:

I concur with your assessment. Not great but entertaining. A lotta badarse action/fightin', particularly .....

... the scene where he's fighting the dudes in the jail cell.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The movie basically had nothing in common with the book except for the name of the main character. The book was based on action against drug dealers in the Washington D.C. area and action to rescue POWs in Vietnam. I realize that it wouldn't be possible to move the script to today's time and have action in Vietnam, but they could have stuck closer to the action in the book. I watched it expecting some of the things from the book. It was a OK action movie, but had they used a different character name and not used Clancy's name it wouldn't have changed the movie at all.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is a fun movie. One of the rare movies where the trailer is actually not as good as the movie itself. The movie is much funnier than the trailer lets on. Lots of great cameos in this one.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
In the mood for a fine mystery flick?
Check out the Aussie Outback film, “The Dry.”
Starring Eric Bana(from the Incredible Hulk, fame).
2020, very recently released into the mainstream.
Possibly, pandemania held it up.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Watched this over the weekend with the Mrs. Midtown and thought it was a serviceable comedy with a loosely held together romantic plot thread. For a free movie, not too bad.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Warren’s try adding to their dangerous artifacts of horror in their basement collection, if you have followed the series starting with Annabel in the collection of 7 films...comes, “The Conjuring 4, the Devil made me do it.”
It‘s more like The Exorcist of 1973, made them make this. I’ll give it a thumbs up, since it’s inspired by true events and does have a plot:

• Timeline.
  • The Conjuring (2013)
  • Annabelle (2014)
  • The Conjuring 2 (2016)
  • Annabelle: Creation (2017)
  • The Nun (2018)
  • The Curse of La Llorona (2019)
  • Annabelle Comes Home (2019)
  • not sure why 3 and 4 have been omitted from the Conjuring list? stories prior to 1981 and the original Conjuring 1?

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
The Warren’s try adding to their dangerous artifacts of horror in their basement collection, if you have followed the series starting with Annabel in the collection of 7 films...comes, “The Conjuring 4, the Devil made me do it.”
It‘s more like The Exorcist of 1973, made them make this. I’ll give it a thumbs up, since it’s inspired by true events and does have a plot:

• Timeline.
  • The Conjuring (2013)
  • Annabelle (2014)
  • The Conjuring 2 (2016)
  • Annabelle: Creation (2017)
  • The Nun (2018)
  • The Curse of La Llorona (2019)
  • Annabelle Comes Home (2019)
  • not sure why 3 and 4 have been omitted from the Conjuring list? stories prior to 1981 and the original Conjuring 1?

Glad someone posted this. I want to see a movie at the theater but don’t want to not know the story. So I’m watching Conjuring and Conjuring 2 tonight on Netflix to prep. I loved scary movies when I was a kid, now they are 2hr panic attacks 😂. Wish me luck.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Glad someone posted this. I want to see a movie at the theater but don’t want to not know the story. So I’m watching Conjuring and Conjuring 2 tonight on Netflix to prep. I loved scary movies when I was a kid, now they are 2hr panic attacks 😂. Wish me luck.
Good luck inducing a panic attack!

Milwaukee

Banned
Ok, made it through the first and 15 min into the 2nd. It’s just not good enough to continue. Glad I watched though so it saved me a trip to the theater for the new one. They’re not horrible, just not great.

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
Warning! Warning! Will Robinson!!
"AWAKE", on Netflix, (#1 watched) is a waste of time stinker!!
(Guess more accurately,,, Danger! Danger!)

Last edited:

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Why are so many movies about crime and criminals. I wonder what makes that topic so fascinating to us humans?